Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Domain Architect
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $12 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the tenth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Domain Architect to join our Architect team within Infrastructure Services (IS).
What will you be doing?
WWT has an opportunity available for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Domain Architect (DA). The DA has a broad and deep knowledge in various VDI products. They are an expert from a functional perspective with a significant amount of hands-on experience and a non-biased view of technology choices. The DA gets involved at the inception of a project and is responsible for design creation and lifecycle management of VDI Solutions. Additionally, the DA supports Professional Services and Managed Services escalations and must adhere to SLAs.
Our customer base spans across all the major markets, such as retail, healthcare, federal and financial and industry experience in any of these verticals is highly desired. Candidates must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to deliver complex solutions to our customers. Candidates must have the ability to hold and lead conversations with leadership and engineering minded individuals. Additionally, strong presentation and communication skills are required.
Candidates must have a strong understanding of VMware products Horizon View, App Volumes, User Environment Manager, Workspace ONE, ThinApp, and vRealize solutions and must be able to communicate clear and concise complex business strategies.
This is a national opportunity, but 25% travel required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Delivery Engineering Managers, Project Managers, and domain/practice/discipline Architects.
- Must have confidence to effectively and independently lead Project Launch and Project Design Workshops.
Responsible for design lifecycle creation and management of standard to complex Data Center solutions.
- Creating High Level Design documents
- Creating Low Level Design documents
- Creating As-Built documents
- Lead a complex project to completion on-time and on-budget, and provide project leadership with the ability to directly or indirectly manage Delivery Engineers and/or Senior Delivery Engineers
- Actively participate and support Delivery Engineers throughout all phases of a project including Project Launch Workshops, Kickoff calls, lessons learned, etc.
- Provide QA, escalation support, and mentoring for Delivery teams
- Work with Discipline Leads to assist in developing and delivering training and updates on new services
- Bridge the gap between the Delivery team and the Practice team by assisting the Practice team to generate and maintain practice documentation templates, processes, and collateral within the practice portal, for use by Delivery teams, Sales, and Business Development.
- Interview Delivery Engineering candidates and provide feedback to management.
- Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfers and mentorship to engineers as required.
- Must be able to identify, manage, and resolve conflict.
- Must be a strong creative problem solver.
- Responsible for identification of additional business opportunities.
- Must have the ability to identify and address risk before problems occur.
- Must understand the technologies in play and how they help meet customer business goals.
- Must have the ability to indirectly or directly manage engineers and maintain a team.
The Domain Architect is required to have a bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical, business or management discipline. Other requirements include:
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in enterprise IT Management, Technology Consulting, Advisory, or Professional Services, and an expert level industry certification.
- Demonstrated technical consulting experience in one or more of the following vertical sectors: government, public sector, higher education, finance, health care, technology, or other commercial.
- Must have ability to influence and lead technical architecture and/or design discussions.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings with all experience and leadership levels both internal and external.
- Possesses a broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping a business problem to an end-to-end technology solution.
- MUST have Proven experience with assessing, designing, installing, configuring, and managing VMware software products including but not limited to Horizon View, App Volumes, User Environment Manager, Workspace ONE, ThinApp, and vRealize Operations for Horizon.
- Effective communications and documentation skills in a compliance-regulated environment.
- Knowledge of MS Windows desktop operating systems including Windows 10 and MS Server 2012 R2 & 2016.
- Experience with hardening and improving the security of Windows operating systems and hardware platforms, local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and client-server applications.
- Programming/Scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell).
- Knowledge and experience designing and developing solutions using VMWare’s Core Cloud Infrastructure and end user computing.
- Current VMware Certification (preferably a VCP6-DTM or VCP7-DTM or VCAP6-DTM or VCAP7-DTM).
Want to learn more about Infrastructure Services? Check us out on our platform: https://www.wwt.com/infrastructure-services
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Compensation: This position offers a base salary of $140,000-$170,000. Specifics will vary depending on skills, qualifications, education and geographic location. In addition, candidates may be eligible for bonus and/or commission based on individual or team performance.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT – it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: