The Developer is responsible for the overall performance of the product through applying principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software. The Developer ensures timely delivery of high quality software within the release timelines and guidelines.
What you will be doing
- Develop complex code based on functional specifications; complete logic and algorithm design in alignment with established standards
- Translate and analyze software requirements into design specifications and ensure adherence to requirements
- Perform complex peer code review and analysis; provide insight on broader impact of software changes
- Incorporate the business value and identify the broader impact to the software; influence and provide technical guidance to other team members
- Test code to verify it meets the technical specifications and is working as intended, before submitting to code review
- Create and apply automated tests and test principles to software changes, including (but not limited to) unit tests
- Influence and lead on standards and processes of team and events, including planning, work estimation, solution demos, reviews, and implementation design of code discussions
- Contribute to the implementation of a delivery pipeline, including test automation, security, and performance
- Understand business, application, and coding tasks to make recommendations for internal process improvements and product documentation
- Research complex escalations for production issues or software code issues to ensure the stability of the application
- Implement development standards to ensure compliance with product and industry practices and regulations
- Mentor, coach, train, and provide feedback to other team members; may provide feedback to leadership on technical abilities of team
- Comply with all corporate and departmental privacy and data security policies and practices, including but not limited to, Hyland’s Information Systems Security Policy
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with continuous software delivery
- Experience working in Windows/Linux development environment, working with open source tools/platforms
- Demonstrated experience with build environments and delivery pipelines
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration tools
- Experience in software application testing tools, methodologies, and process framework
- Strong oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Strong collaboration skills, applied successfully within team as well as with all levels of employees in other areas
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage projects to completion with minimal oversight
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Driven to learn and stay current professionally
- Passionate, competitive and intellectually curious
- Sharp, fast learner with technology curiosity and aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and mobilize team members and business partners
- Good ability to establish rapport and gain the trust of others; effective at gaining consensus
- Strong at using original thinking to translate goals into the implementation of new ideas and design solutions
- Strong ability to provide technical and constructive feedback to team members
- Up to 10% travel time required
Please note: The job duties and responsibilities of this role are unable to be performed in the State of Colorado at this time.
What you can expect next
Hyland Recruiters thoroughly review every application and will contact you within 1 to 2 weeks regarding next steps. Be sure to add Hyland to your contacts list and check your spam folder so you never miss a message from us! Any follow up questions? Email your Recruiter directly at Careers@Hyland.com.
401(k) Retirement Savings. Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Medical, Dental, Vision. Volunteer Paid Time Off. Wellness Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program.
Find out more by going to https://www.hyland.com/en/careers/life-at-hyland.
Welcome to #HylandLife
Since 1991, it has been Hyland’s mission to help our employees, customers and partners exceed their potential with our industry-leading content services platform. Our employees exude a contagious energy and are passionate about what they do – whether it’s helping customers succeed, raising up their fellow Hylanders, or engaging in the communities where they live and work.
The #HylandLife hashtag encompasses our employee-centric culture. Our employees live our culture day in and day out by bringing their best self to work. Hyland supports them to do just that through career development resources, wellbeing programs and innovation practices. We thrive on diverse viewpoints and new ideas and believe that a positive, inclusive workplace is imperative to sustainable success.
As we’ve grown to a company of nearly 4,000 strong, we have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our communities. We strongly support employee initiatives and align our giving campaigns and programs to organizations that are important to them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting