Emergent Talent, a division of Emergent Method, is looking for energetic candidates to complete testing activities of a large statewide system. This full-time, remote position is tentatively scheduled to continue through November 2022 (with the potential of an extension).
The ideal candidate must be experienced, self-motivated, and adept in handling a wide range of system-testing tasks. This individual must be flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and willing to embrace the challenges of supporting the continued development and success of a growing workforce, which may consist of remote or mobile work on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with different project tracks to understand, develop, and test product requirements
- Support functional testing, deployment activities, and defect-resolution processes
- Support the execution of scenarios for test cases including functional, regression, and smoke tests
- Ensure components meet technical design requirements
- Document test results and work with developers and business analysts to interpret functional requirements
- Address, triage, and report defects found during testing
- Track defect statuses using Jira and help create dashboards to track item progression
- Host meetings with development and client counterparts to resolve issues that occurred while testing
- Create documentation using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and form team management processes
- Report statuses to the client and internal management regularly
- Follow documentation to create, edit, and read external interface files
- Build and maintain rapport and a work agreement with the client and other team members
Ideal candidates should possess the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly review and understand documentation to support testing
- SQL experience utilizing simple select queries and joins
- Experience performing IT application testing and/or User Acceptance Testing
- Experience in system-testing tools (such as Jira and Jama)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of Louisiana’s corrections programs/systems is preferred
- Experience in the system development life cycle or related coursework is considered a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies and pick up additional skills
Emergent Method is a Louisiana-based management consulting firm focused on helping companies and organizations innovate, grow, improve their performance, and achieve their missions.
We do this by bringing people and ideas together to understand opportunities, let ideas emerge, and create multi-faceted solutions with results greater than the sum of their parts. We come from diverse backgrounds that lend to expertise in solving complex problems, implementing impactful change, helping our clients navigate shifting landscapes, and seizing opportunities – including those they had not seen before. From strategic planning and organizational design to project management and strategic communication, we are dedicated to helping our clients adapt, innovate, and grow – pushing systems, agencies, and industries to new heights, while developing strategic, systemic solutions and processes to support those goals.
We opened our doors in 2012 and have been recognized for growth and achievement over the years, including the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report and Junior Achievement's Company of the Year (2017), Consulting Magazine’s fastest growing consulting firms (2018, 2019, 2020), Inc. Magazine’s fastest-growing private companies in America (2018, 2019, 2020), LSU’s 100 fastest growing alumni owned business (2018, 2019, 2020), and the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry’s Company of the Year (2019).
We are dedicated to seeking the same measures of continuous improvement for the clients we serve and supporting them in all actions of planning, growth, and emergence to the forefront of their industries.
To learn more about Emergent Method and our team, visit our website at emergentmethod.com.
Emergent Method and associated entities are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis or any protected class under federal, state
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DESCRIPTION:Authority Partners is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our growing team! The QA Engineer will work as part of a passionate agile project team to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process. She/he will be involved throughout the developm
BairesDev is proud to be one of the fastest-growing companies in Latin America and a welcoming, highly rated employer (Glassdoor Employee Score: 4.3). With more than 2,500 employees in 27 countries and world-class clients from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, we’re only
Experience: ArchitectHello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?We're looking for a Journey Orchestration Architect to join the engineering team at Modus. Want to help our clients build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interes
SUSE Labs has a position open for a KERNEL TEAM LEADYour responsibility will be to lead a globally distributed team of kernel experts, coordinate efforts to advance the technology in the Linux kernel, and make it suitable for SUSE’s Linux-based products.The Performance team
We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work remotely in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.The Florida Blue IT team develops and manages next generation solutions, systems and assets that support this mission. Working in a coll
Cquensys is looking for an experienced QA Analyst for our Washington-based healthcare client. This is a remote; contract opportunity. Experience with Healthcare Industry is required.Description:The candidate will work with Product Managers, Engineers, Quality Assurance, Developer
Why should you join our team?American AgCredit offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a national financial system supporting those who feed, clothe and fuel the world. We are a growing organization embracing collaboration and innovation while delivering transformative soluti
Academic Partnerships is hiring a Email Marketing Manager to join our Student Experience (SE) Team. We're looking for a marketing professional who will play a critical role in email campaign build, testing, deployment, and optimization via Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC). This.
Description:IronArch Technology is seeking a Analytics and Visualization Tester (Remote). This is a great opportunity for candidates who possess testing experience data and analytics applications (i.e., Power BI, Oracle).IronArch is a technology and management consulting company.