Descartes Labs is proud to be a remote-first, deliberately distributed organization that recognizes that people have different needs and motivations for building a life and career that matters and works for them. For this reason, we are open to our employees working from any location, in a way that enhances their well-being, productivity, and role. We focus on helping our employees produce positive outcomes and we recognize that the path to getting there will look different for different people.
- Drive and execute QA Strategy
- Recommend and implement testing frameworks and tools
- Train and mentor the organization on QA best practices
- Communicate and mitigate risk around development lifecycle
- Set benchmark and target KPIs
- Work closely with product managers, developers and executive team on product roadmap
What You Bring
- Software quality assurance experience
- An understanding of the microservices architecture
- Familiarity with Python, Go, Rust, and JS
- QA and testing strategies
- Time and project management
- Positive attitude and excellent communication
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egoes are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
Top Reasons to Work at Descartes Labs
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and paid time off
Descartes Labs is committed to building a diverse community, where employees feel they belong, even if they are different. Scientific discovery is in our DNA and the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be; diversity fuels innovation!
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates during all aspects of our interview process.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Imagine yourself here!OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and.
NOTE: AIRLINES EXPERIENCE IS MANDATORY W2:$55/hr C2C: $60to $65Sr. ETL Developer Atlanta, GA9+ monthsDescription: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalentAt least 7 years of post-degree professional experienceAt least 3+ years of Airline industry experience4+.
Help us build a more secure and privacy-respecting Internet.Position Status: OpenLocation: Remote within US or CanadaPay: $120k-$140k USD, 100% 401k Match, Excellent InsuranceWe’re looking for an additional software engineer for our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team.
Key Responsibilities:Write QA automation using Python for data migrations projectsWork closely with the development team to assist in tracking bugs through their life-cycle, communicating them to the appropriate parties for fixes, and provide feedback for bugs not resolved.Able t
We are looking for an experienced Senior QA Manual Tester to join our technology-driven A-team REMOTELY for a long-term contract.In this role you will be responsible for testing and monitoring our web application by applying quality-assurance methods. You must ensure that the fin