TRC is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power and infrastructure industry.
We are seeking an experienced Utility Integration Specialist with a minimum of 7+ years of software delivery experience in the utility industry to join our Digital Solutions team. This role is fully remote or could sit in any of our 140 + offices nationwide.
We are looking for a key technical resource on our software implementation & integration projects within the Digital utility practice and ensures the technical success of the project. You are a customer facing delivery expert, technology driven, resourceful, deadline-oriented and have strong analytical and root cause analysis skills. You will support the integration of different utility systems on the project, mapping data, developing adapters, testing adapters and supporting the deployment of the solution. You will work closely with the Solution Lead (SL), Solution Architect (SA) and the Project Manager (PM) to ensure that the technical solution meets the customer's needs and business objectives. You ensure that the delivery of the technical solution falls within TRC Digital Solutions standard processes and tools.
You possess the ability to work independently, remotely, and multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Adheres to the TRC Software Implementation Delivery Methodology
- Support data mapping and adapter development
- Assists Solution Lead and Project Manager with scope management, project planning, milestones and work and resource estimates
- Acts as a technical expert supporting the Solution Lead and Solution Architect in the design of the solution to meet the customer requirements
- Develops project deliverables for the Client project team during design phase
- Participates in the Build and Test phase of the project (configures and tests) to ensure delivery of the solution on plan and adhering to technical best practices.
- Participate in the QA process to ensure the solution is thoroughly tested prior to SIT / UAT
- Documents requirements for custom development and work with custom development team to ensure requirements are met. You may also participate in the development work.
- Develops and delivers onsite end user training, as needed
- Supports proposals and participates in post bid activities including clarifications, support of short list presentation and supporting scope definition in contract development and negotiations
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Utility industry knowledge breadth and depth
- Technical and adept and connecting systems through adapters, cloud service and service buses.
- Collaborative nature and willing to share knowledge across broader team while contributing to reusable collateral
- Mentor and develop other resources on the team
- Clear and timely communication internally and externally
- Ability to interact with the Client team including project sponsors and end users of the system
- Looks for ways to improve the delivery process, reduce issues / rework and improve customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and perform root cause analysis
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Technology from an accredited school or university is required
- A minimum of 3 years of software delivery experience is required, 4+ years is preferred. Utility industry background is required
- 3+ years working on projects involving integration between systems, writing SQL queries or similar, performing data mapping and data transformation.
- Experience working with real-time systems and data connectivity is preferred.
- Experience with Webservices, XML, SOAP, RESTful. Etc
- Up to 50% travel throughout North America
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP) and microservice architectures
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting such as Tableau, Cognos
- Experience with utility standards such as CIM 61968 / 61970, OpenADR, SEP2.0
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Commuter assistance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Imagine yourself here!OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and.
When you are an SDET at Tyler Technologies, providing Socrata solutions, you are a vital part of the team building products that can make a difference in our world. Automation enthusiasts who will create test automation, get involved with release management, and never shy away fr
ABOUT YOU is one of the fastest growing E-commerce companies in Europe and Hamburg’s first Unicorn company. We rely on state-of-the-art technologies to provide the best service and products for our customers. We are currently looking for a skilled Quality Assurance Engineer
ResponsibilitiesEvaluating and testing software programs to verify that the programs function according to specifications and standards that the company outlinesIdentifies, analyzes, and documents errors, questionable functions, and inconsistencies in software program functions,.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccounting Application Specialist - Customer ServiceWHO WE AREGreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our inn