- Agile team.
- Test case management and documentation: Micro Focus ALM Octane and Azure DevOps.
- Automated testing: Micro Focus UFT
- Testing for relational databases: Snowflake, Oracle and MS SQL Server
- Testing for ETLs: StreamSets and Pentaho Kettle
- Testing for reporting and analytics tools: MicroStrategy
The Sr. Engineer – Data Analytics QA contributes to the successful delivery of business intelligence information to the entire organization. They have an advanced understanding of QA best practice and how to apply it to BI and data science testing and implementation. With an emphasis on effective collaboration, they contribute to assessment of business requirements, collection and identification of technical specifications, and subsequent execution and maintenance of project related Test cases and Test plans. They utilize and refine a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and integrate industry standards into the QA processes. They have theoretical and practical knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities specific to testing data integration and analytics. They are expected to apply judgment and initiative in carrying out assigned tasks. In addition, they work collaboratively with Engineers and development teams according to standards and best practices for BI and data science solutions.Job Summary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create test plans for various high-complexity analytical products and solutions, often for large and high-risk projects.
- Write and Execute Test Cases.
- Collaborate with product owners, business analysts, data analysts and developers to refine user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Create repeatable testing processes and solutions in support of testing automation.
- Collaborate with other organizations to plan and execute e2e solution testing.
- Document test results and defect reproduction steps.
- Plan and execute security and performance testing.
- Constantly analyze and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of QA testing standards, best practices and processes within all areas of SOA PAX.
- Provide guidance and sometimes tasking to other QA Engineers, conduct QA reviews, and build the QA function within the Performance Analytics organization.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of related QA experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a testing role supporting BI and data science efforts.
- 3+ years of experience in database testing and tools including at least 2 years testing ETL/ELT data solutions.
- 3+ years of designing and executing test cases for BI and data science solutions, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- 2+ years of experience in report and dashboard testing within an enterprise analytics tool (Tableau, Microstrategy, PowerBI, etc.).
- Data testing skills, including queries, expertise in a variety of approaches (e.g., relational, dimensional, unstructured).
- Strong relationship management skills; able to interface effectively with all organizational levels: users, team members, and management.
- Proven track record of successfully testing large data-centric projects.
- Flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Defect writing and verification skills.
- Test execution and maintenance skills.
- Defect management using Jira (or similar tool).
- Ability to review and understand complex technical documentation.
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Imagine yourself here!OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and.
ResponsibilitiesEvaluating and testing software programs to verify that the programs function according to specifications and standards that the company outlinesIdentifies, analyzes, and documents errors, questionable functions, and inconsistencies in software program functions,.
As Software Test Engineer II, you will join our QA Chapter team. You will work with other Software Test Engineers, ensuring the high level of product quality. You will be involved in a wide range of software engineering projects in support of the organization’s growth.Essen
RequiredExperience managing test data including creation and mining using data management toolsExperience in health care and insurance domainExtensive experience in health care specific data formatsProven experience of testing complex user interfacesExperience in servicing test d
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a cult
SUMMARYThe Software Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for providing information to stakeholders, including data and test results regarding the quality of software/products or services under test. The QE completes functional testing to determine if the software/product or servi
More jobs by this company
Job Description Summary:The MAXIMUS Reimagined Solutions (#MARS) Team is looking for a highly motivated and skilled ETL Developer to join and help develop ETL solutions to exchange data with partners.The #MARS Service Team is responsible for modernizing the current product offeri
Job Description Summary:Maximus is seeking a Sr BI data analytics engineer to support our agile transformation process from project to product solution delivery in our Standardized Operations and Analytics group within our Health and Human Services division. This exciting opportu
Job Description Summary:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Architect State Medicaid Provider Data Management System (PDMS) solutions including all supporting components leveraging foundational system to ensure backward compatibility with other implementations using .Net techno
Job Description Summary:Who We Seek:Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.Self-Starters. You’re a go-getter who isn’t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, wor
Job Introduction:The Vaccine Scheduler (Customer Service Representative III) at Maximus makes an impact every day by responding to inquiries resulting from COVID-19 vaccination scheduling questionnaires or communications. Agents will answer incoming calls from the public related.
Job Description Summary:REMOTE Senior Customer Service Representative (Contact Tracing Center) – CSR IIIJoin the team to be part of Indiana’s Back on Track initiative to safely open our economy and remain vigilant about protecting our health and well-being. Our Contac
Job Description Summary:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Responsible for database administration, data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting.Design database reports based on the requestor’s requirements in support of key business strategies.Perform quer
Job Description Summary:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, troubleshooting and training tasks to ensure the LAN and WAN network performance meets company and user satisfaction.Responsible for watching and responding to corresp
Job Description Summary:We are seeking a Lead Requirements Analyst to support our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client.The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the IRS requirements of implementing cybersecurity tools (e.g., Splunk Enterprise, SailPoint, CyberArk, Qual
Job Description Summary:MAXIMUS is searching for a Sr. Microservices Software Engineer with a strong background in commercial technology product development and hand-on experience in developing enterprise scale Microservices. Demonstrable experience in developing software applica