Pluralsight is the technology workforce development company that helps teams build better products by knowing more and working better together. Using our Skills and Flow products, teams can develop critical skills, improve processes and gain insights through data.
The Vocabulary Taxonomy Ontology Team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to build products that assist in building our taxonomy for our library. This team is essential for ensuring that content in the library is discoverable by our end users. Product teams at Pluralsight have several engineering specialists, a product manager, and a designer leading the way on future product discoveries.
Ways we work:
- Software Craftsmanship - we want to be proud of our work.
- Test-Driven Development - we take ownership for our code without QA engineers
- Pair programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean - no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - making their own product & dev choices
- Multi-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting leaders - who empower us to create the right solutions for our customers
- Solid technology - of the team’s choice, for the right job
You’d be an outstanding fit if you have:
- Experience building software with NodeJS, TypeScript, ReactJS, and Postgres.
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic.
- Experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
- A desire to be a lifelong learner growing your current skills while acquiring new ones.
- An encouraging and engaged team member, able to express sophisticated information to a variety of consumers.
- Able to tackle problems independently and prioritize work based on anticipated business value.
- Able to distill sophisticated ideas into straight forward language.
- Passionate about data, innovation, and using technology to unlock the future.
Experience you’ll need:
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related or equivalent experience; or 6+ years with an advanced degree.
- Understanding of relational databases (Postgres)
- Good communication skills, ability to partner with product and design, and collaborate on multi-functional teams
- You have shown you are a strong collaborator, a trusted teammate, and are skilled at resolving and working through different ideas.
Working at Pluralsight
We don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our dedication to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, willingness to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Imagine yourself here!OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and.
ABOUT YOU is one of the fastest growing E-commerce companies in Europe and Hamburg’s first Unicorn company. We rely on state-of-the-art technologies to provide the best service and products for our customers. We are currently looking for a skilled Quality Assurance Engineer
ResponsibilitiesEvaluating and testing software programs to verify that the programs function according to specifications and standards that the company outlinesIdentifies, analyzes, and documents errors, questionable functions, and inconsistencies in software program functions,.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccounting Application Specialist - Customer ServiceWHO WE AREGreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our inn
Job: IRC131505Location: US | RemoteDesignation: Associate Test EngineerExperience: 1-3 yearsFunction: Quality AssuranceSkills: AzureDescription:N/ARequirements:N/AJob Responsibilities:Must have 1+ year of testing background, including test planning, test case design, and executio
More jobs by this company
Job Description:The OpportunityAuthorization is at the foundation of the Pluralsight platform; giving the right people the right access is essential to a secure and consistent user experience. As Pluralsight works to build more flexible packaging options, the Authorization team g
This position is also available for employment in these areas:Remote - USAJob Description: At Pluralsight, we are crafting next generation Hands-on Code Labs and Projects content. Are you a flexible, full-stack developer who enjoys diving into new challenges every day? We are loo
Job Description:Pluralsight is the technology workforce development company that helps teams build better products by knowing more and working better together. Using our Skills and Flow products, teams can develop critical skills, improve processes and gain insights through data.