The Sr. Technical Project Manager (TPM) plans, coordinates, and facilitates projects for multiple teams from start to delivery, specially focused App dev and Infrastructure. The TPM works with Product Managers and subject matter experts to understand business requirements, translates these requirements into technical or functional specifications where needed, and shepherds them through the software development lifecycle. The TPM owns the progress of the project from the point of scheduling to the point of release to production, clearly communicates the project progress, resolves unknowns, and removes any impediments that keep the teams from completing their assigned work.
- Owns assigned project delivery from start to finish.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and QA leads to ensure that projects are developed and delivered to production as efficiently as possible.
- Working in partnership with Product and Business stakeholders, flesh out and/or create actionable technical project specifications from business requirements.
- Understand at a deep level the product features for which the teams are responsible, becoming the “internal subject matter expert” for systems maintained by the teams.
- Identify obstacles to efficient completion of delivery milestones and proactively remove or mitigate them. Adapt project scope in response to deadline changes and/or project obstacles to ensure delivery of viable business features on the original deadline.
- Coordinate or orchestrate with other project teams for cross-team dependencies.
- Ensure timely tracking and completion of project deliverables.
- Facilitate the project grooming and estimation efforts to ensure that the teams understand the requirements and has produced a work plan that accounts for known risks and mitigates unknown issues.
- Communicate scope or milestone changes early and clearly to stakeholders to ensure buy-in throughout the organization.
- Foster a collaborative environment reinforcing transparency, quality, and continuous learning.
- Work interactively with stakeholders and team members identify areas of improvement for the teams or their products.
- Provide executive project reporting- project status, risks, issues and mitigation plan.
- Display solid fiscal responsibility by managing and adhering to budgets and always seeking out operating efficiencies and economies.
- Model an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with project management of software development, infrastructure teams, including both web applications and back-end server solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with IT Operations support, security, compliance, audit and/or fraud management teams.
- Solid grasp of software development planning concepts, including scheduling, risk mitigation, and product rollouts.
- Prior professional experience as an individual contributor in the software development lifecycle (e.g., developer, designer, tester etc.) strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of business to technical requirement translation.
- Ability to work with Clients & build relationships
- Demonstrated ability to lead functional, technical, and strategic discussions to drive successful outcomes.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Analytical & Agile mindset preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in unstructured env
- Ability to forge relationships, partnerships with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with both Agile and waterfall/hybrid development practices.
- Agile project management certification a plus.
- Knowledge of tracking and reporting tools, JIRA preferred. Affinity with Confluence.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Imagine yourself here!OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and.
ABOUT YOU is one of the fastest growing E-commerce companies in Europe and Hamburg’s first Unicorn company. We rely on state-of-the-art technologies to provide the best service and products for our customers. We are currently looking for a skilled Quality Assurance Engineer
ResponsibilitiesEvaluating and testing software programs to verify that the programs function according to specifications and standards that the company outlinesIdentifies, analyzes, and documents errors, questionable functions, and inconsistencies in software program functions,.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccounting Application Specialist - Customer ServiceWHO WE AREGreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our inn
Job: IRC131505Location: US | RemoteDesignation: Associate Test EngineerExperience: 1-3 yearsFunction: Quality AssuranceSkills: AzureDescription:N/ARequirements:N/AJob Responsibilities:Must have 1+ year of testing background, including test planning, test case design, and executio
More jobs by this company
Job SummaryZiff Davis' Communication brands (Line2, eVoice and eReceptionist) arm small businesses with VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) with digital communication tools and are embarking on an ambitious growth plan. We are looking for exceptional new team members to help driv
The Lead Software Developer (Java) will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting the API Gateway and surrounding tooling that power our best-in-breed solutions for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document excha
We are looking for a results-oriented individual who will be responsible for ensuring the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of the Consensus business' data assets.The Application Security Engineer will be an innovative, self-driven, team player. The Application Securit
Account ManagerSince 2003, small and medium sized businesses worldwide have achieved significant results by turning to iContact’s best-in-class email marketing solutions and knowledgeable team members. With scalable tools to serve the needs of high-volume senders, professio
The DevOps Engineer will design, implement, test, deploy, support and perpetually improve upon continuous integration pipelines utilizing new technologies, industry standard tool sets and software development in a fast paced agile environment in order to streamline time-to-value.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will design, implement, test, deploy, support and perpetually improve upon continuous integration pipelines utilizing new technologies, industry standard toolsets and software development in a fast paced agile environment in order to streamline time-to-
About the jobWe are looking for a highly capable Windows software developer who desires to learn and develop for the Android platform. You will be responsible for building features that deliver meaningful and accurate results with a cutting-edge user experience. In addition, you.
The Lead VoIP Engineer will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performance systems in our best-in-breed enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers. The Lead will manage the coding practices of the team, perform code r
The Senior Software Developer (Java/Node) will join a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting a best-in-breed solution for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers.DutiesDesigning and developing ne
Consensus is looking for an ambitious, creative, and versatile Senior Front-End Engineer who has experience with designing, developing, and maintaining web applications. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented and self-sufficient contributor who will craft and develop Front-End an
The Moz Group is looking hire a contract Recruiter to support our recruiting team. You will be responsible for managing a pipeline of technical and non-technical roles and support teams across multiple products and locations.This is a 12 month contract.We are an office optional c
The Lead Software Developer (Python) will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting a best-in-breed telecommunications solution for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers. The Lead will mana
AFFILIATE MANAGERJoin an energetic team in one of the hottest growing sectors in software—cybersecurity. VIPRE Security Group, a part of Ziff Davis (NASDAQ : ZD), is a global, highly rated, award-winning security, privacy and data protection company protecting millions of c
The Sr. System Administrator will be responsible for the support and maintenance of our production infrastructure, both on-prem and cloud based, globally. In addition to standard operations responsibilities related to production Windows and Linux environments, this position will.