The Lead VoIP Engineer will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performance systems in our best-in-breed enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers. The Lead will manage the coding practices of the team, perform code reviews, mentor team members, and coordinate with Quality Assurance, Technical Project Management, and Product Management peers to deliver high-quality code that solves important business problems in a predictable and repeatable manner.
- Full responsibility for delivering solutions into production (working through operations teams).
- Full responsibility for quality of code the team is responsible (either through personal review or thoughtful delegation).
- Coding is involved (this is not a pure management role).
- Responsible for training and mentoring developers on the team and recommending actions around hiring, firing and promotions.
- Responsible for architectural decisions with consultation from other members of engineering leadership
- Daily coordination of development activities with Product and Project Managers and other Lead Developers.
- Working closely with distributed development and QA resources in several countries.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s software development process and ensuring your team’s compliance with those processes.
- Designing and developing new features based on product specifications.
- Troubleshooting production issues and providing configuration or coding changes to fix them.
- Refactoring existing code to improve efficiency, extensibility, and maintainability.
- Identifying and evaluating new techniques, tools, and technologies to expand the team’s capabilities.
- Reviewing test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts created by QA team members.
- Participate in the development and evangelization of the Java and/or Node.js coding standards within the organization.
- Displays solid fiscal responsibility by managing and adhering to budgets and always seeking out operating efficiencies and economies.
- Works with Technical Project Management to create and maintain the prioritized backlog and schedule for the team.
- Demonstrates an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in telephony software development, focusing on the use of C and C++
- Ideally, 2+ years professional development experience with Node.js in a web application context
- 4+ years of experience in leading Development Teams
- 2+ years working within Amazon Web Services or similar cloud systems for development and production applications, with an emphasis on automated build and deployment, high availability, and scale
- 2+ years professional experience creating automated unit tests in Java and/or Node.js
- 4+ years troubleshooting computer telephony issues in a production environment
- Deep understanding of telephony technologies, especially fax transmission protocols, including SIP, TDM, XMPP, RTP, data transmission speed standards and their impact on call quality, T.38, etc.
- Professional experience coding against the Asterisk, FreeSWITCH soft-switch platforms
- Professional experience coding against the Kamailio or OpenSips SIP server
- Exposure to DevOps and Continuous Delivery Tools such as CodePipeline or Jenkins
- Proficient with Jira, Confluence, and git toolset
- Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies (particularly Agile). Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum & Waterfall process environments
- Leading initiatives where teams were comprised of onshore and offshore resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams in a dynamic, fast time to market and customer focused environment.
- Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and manage the team in Agile environment
- Professional experience coding against Dialogic SR140 cards and drivers
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Imagine yourself here!OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and.
ABOUT YOU is one of the fastest growing E-commerce companies in Europe and Hamburg’s first Unicorn company. We rely on state-of-the-art technologies to provide the best service and products for our customers. We are currently looking for a skilled Quality Assurance Engineer
ResponsibilitiesEvaluating and testing software programs to verify that the programs function according to specifications and standards that the company outlinesIdentifies, analyzes, and documents errors, questionable functions, and inconsistencies in software program functions,.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccounting Application Specialist - Customer ServiceWHO WE AREGreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our inn
Job: IRC131505Location: US | RemoteDesignation: Associate Test EngineerExperience: 1-3 yearsFunction: Quality AssuranceSkills: AzureDescription:N/ARequirements:N/AJob Responsibilities:Must have 1+ year of testing background, including test planning, test case design, and executio
More jobs by this company
Job SummaryZiff Davis' Communication brands (Line2, eVoice and eReceptionist) arm small businesses with VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) with digital communication tools and are embarking on an ambitious growth plan. We are looking for exceptional new team members to help driv
The Lead Software Developer (Java) will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting the API Gateway and surrounding tooling that power our best-in-breed solutions for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document excha
We are looking for a results-oriented individual who will be responsible for ensuring the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of the Consensus business' data assets.The Application Security Engineer will be an innovative, self-driven, team player. The Application Securit
Account ManagerSince 2003, small and medium sized businesses worldwide have achieved significant results by turning to iContact’s best-in-class email marketing solutions and knowledgeable team members. With scalable tools to serve the needs of high-volume senders, professio
The DevOps Engineer will design, implement, test, deploy, support and perpetually improve upon continuous integration pipelines utilizing new technologies, industry standard tool sets and software development in a fast paced agile environment in order to streamline time-to-value.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will design, implement, test, deploy, support and perpetually improve upon continuous integration pipelines utilizing new technologies, industry standard toolsets and software development in a fast paced agile environment in order to streamline time-to-
The Sr. Technical Project Manager (TPM) plans, coordinates, and facilitates projects for multiple teams from start to delivery, specially focused App dev and Infrastructure. The TPM works with Product Managers and subject matter experts to understand business requirements, transl
About the jobWe are looking for a highly capable Windows software developer who desires to learn and develop for the Android platform. You will be responsible for building features that deliver meaningful and accurate results with a cutting-edge user experience. In addition, you.
The Senior Software Developer (Java/Node) will join a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting a best-in-breed solution for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers.DutiesDesigning and developing ne
Consensus is looking for an ambitious, creative, and versatile Senior Front-End Engineer who has experience with designing, developing, and maintaining web applications. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented and self-sufficient contributor who will craft and develop Front-End an
The Moz Group is looking hire a contract Recruiter to support our recruiting team. You will be responsible for managing a pipeline of technical and non-technical roles and support teams across multiple products and locations.This is a 12 month contract.We are an office optional c
The Lead Software Developer (Python) will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting a best-in-breed telecommunications solution for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers. The Lead will mana
AFFILIATE MANAGERJoin an energetic team in one of the hottest growing sectors in software—cybersecurity. VIPRE Security Group, a part of Ziff Davis (NASDAQ : ZD), is a global, highly rated, award-winning security, privacy and data protection company protecting millions of c
The Sr. System Administrator will be responsible for the support and maintenance of our production infrastructure, both on-prem and cloud based, globally. In addition to standard operations responsibilities related to production Windows and Linux environments, this position will.