As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Analyst, Global Operations and Technology will assist with the distribution, expansion, and support of NBCU’s digital properties including live streams and VOD assets to internal and external distribution partners and platforms. This position will be responsible for tracking dependencies, reporting on SLAs, understanding opportunities, and providing insight on business direction. This includes effective staffing and workforce forecasting across different internal employee groups and external vendors. The role will also function as a business stakeholder overseeing the development of automation and tools to support operational efficiency improvements.
- Partner with Operations and Support personnel both internal to Peacock and outsourced vendors to ensure the availability and reliability of NBCUniversal assets distributed to Peacock App and the end consumer
- Coach, mentor, lead, and train a diverse team for overall organizational success
- Work with management to develop metrics and reporting to support vendor quality measurements and create a standard for optimal performance
- Provide detailed analysis, tracking, and reporting on all objectives associated with the global operations strategy
- Identify areas of opportunity within teams and create/develop solutions to improve (training, job aids, etc.)
- Track technology deliverables and ensure all development teams are meeting milestone dates and within budget
- Analyze tool performance to ensure all systems are operating with minimal interruptions in service
- Influence and create requirements for technology roadmaps to improve operations and the overall employee experience
- Own and manage strong working relationships with internal brands and external partners
- Optimize and schedule all resources needed throughout the Operations team
- Lead strong partnership with our engineering and digital teams to implement new technologies, resolve partner issues, and maintain minimal on-air disruption
- Review and manage all employee schedules and staff management team accordingly during peak windows – this also includes distribution of workload both domestically and internally to internal and external resource groups
- Partner with key technology groups to develop requirements, influence, and prioritize enhancements/features
- Attend working session meetings to refine requirements
- Become a subject matter expert in all tools and technology – assisting with coordination and tool administration when needed
- Perform detailed ROI analysis and business justification to determine project prioritization
- Track all Maintenance windows and ensure they will not impact on-air production
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Digital Operations
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Product Support or Dev Ops
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a Network Operations Center or digital distribution facility
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a role with a track record of effective staff management along with high energy level, and strong team skills
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience leading a support team to effective issue resolution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience effectively managing vendors and outsourcing partners
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in workforce management and dynamic resource allocation
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in software development lifecycle or related field
- Knowledge of common persistence frameworks
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Knowledge of video streaming infrastructure, CDNs, and QA procedures
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Willingness and ability to work or be on call at any time, sometimes on short notice in order to support a 24/7/365 operation
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- BA/BS in related field
- Experience, understanding and knowledge of digital product and distribution systems, standards and processes
- Strategic project management leadership
- Strong leader with passion and expertise in employee culture and morale
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and build strong professional relationships
- Technical experience with digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
- Prior experience with video encoding, delivery distribution workflows
- Expert experience with scheduling and resource management
- Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively flexible in approach, and responds well to pressure
- A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Imagine yourself here!OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccounting Application Specialist - Customer ServiceWHO WE AREGreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our inn
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, tr
The Team Lead, Clinical Chart Review will be primarily responsible for providing daily administrative support to the Clinical Chart Review Director and Supervisor as well as the Operations team and the Nurse Auditors as listed in the responsibilities for essential function. The T
Job DescriptionBlack Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the k
Sr. Software Engineer/Computer SciencePosition: Software Assurance/Software Safety ProfessionalPosition No: 9911Location: RemoteAnticipated Start: Oct 2021Type: Full TimeExperience Level: ExperiencedQUALIFICATIONS:BS in a Computer Science discipline5+ years’ experience perf
More jobs by this company
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution.
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works ha
64682BRTechnology & EngineeringNBC Sports GroupResponsibilitiesSportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Software Engineer (with a passion for front-end development) to join our Members an
63764BRTechnology & EngineeringNBC Sports GroupResponsibilitiesNBC Sports Next, a division of NBC Universal, is hiring a Lead Software Engineer to join our FinTech team.The FinTech group specializes in bringing the financial lifecycle of various NBC Sports properties together
64360BRDigital MediaDirect-to-ConsumerResponsibilitiesThe Incident Management Specialist will be part of the Peacock Incident Management team supporting the 24x7x365 ongoing operations of the streaming service. The Specialist will provide eyes-on-glass monitoring from within the.
Want to work with one of America's most loved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team covers news-making interviews, celebrity updates, and cultural trends, as well as original and creative features. We're investing and growing our coverage in the parenting space, and we're lo
NBCU’s Enterprise Engineering team has an exciting opportunity to create and build a new and enhanced ServiceNow environment and experience for our entire global enterprise. Here you can drive transformative, scalable and reliable solutions.This ServiceNow Developer role wi