Overview of Role
Liquid Robotics is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team for the development of autonomous ocean robotics and associated software. By joining our small but highly motivated team, you will be involved with software engineering activities and interact with mechanical and electrical teams to deliver world-changing products. The successful candidate will bring strong software design, development and debugging skills, will be motivated by our vision to change the world, and will be excited to work in a dynamic, small-company environment.
The primary objective of this Software Engineer is to own and drive the design, implementation, validation, release, and support of the Wave Glider vehicle control system and applications software. This role requires coordinating with the vehicle command & control and data management software teams to define and design complete solutions for autonomous vehicle controls & applications.
- Software design, development, integration, and validation for autonomous vehicle control, device management, navigation, communications, and related applications.
- Sensor integration, data acquisition, and related hardware interface software development.
- Interact with Systems engineering, BD and sales to obtain and understand requirements and deliverables, and with QA to develop test plans.
- Interface with other software team members, mechanical and electrical groups to validate the design, implementation, and test cases.
- Develop and maintain user and service documentation for related software products and releases.
- Present regular product development status and validation results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science with strong Computer Science fundamentals with 5 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated mastery of OOP (Java, C++) and related technologies; be prepared to explain examples of your prior work.
- Familiarity with and troubleshooting skills for Networking and communications protocols.
- Experience working on products that integrate mechanical, electronic and software components such as robotic systems and autonomous vehicles.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills; ability to work with cross departmental groups including systems, electrical and mechanical engineering departments, manufacturing, field support, sales engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to decompose requirements into design and implementation tasks.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Software total product lifecycle process support; Agile development methodology.
- Understanding diagnostics and fault management on autonomous vehicles.
- Familiarity with unmanned applications including integration of sensors and data packets, Ocean/Marine specific experience preferred.
- Understanding of C# and .NET technologies for shoreside command & control and data management interfaces.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Liquid Robotics designs and manufactures Wave Gliders®, the world’s first wave and solar powered autonomous ocean robots. With partners, they address challenges facing defense, Oil & Gas, commercial and science customers by making ocean data collections and communications easier safer and in real-time. Liquid Robotics was acquired by Boeing in December of 2016 and operates as an independent non-integrated subsidiary.
For more info, please visit www.liquid-robotics.com
Liquid Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Imagine yourself here!OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and.
ABOUT YOU is one of the fastest growing E-commerce companies in Europe and Hamburg’s first Unicorn company. We rely on state-of-the-art technologies to provide the best service and products for our customers. We are currently looking for a skilled Quality Assurance Engineer
ResponsibilitiesEvaluating and testing software programs to verify that the programs function according to specifications and standards that the company outlinesIdentifies, analyzes, and documents errors, questionable functions, and inconsistencies in software program functions,.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccounting Application Specialist - Customer ServiceWHO WE AREGreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our inn
Job: IRC131505Location: US | RemoteDesignation: Associate Test EngineerExperience: 1-3 yearsFunction: Quality AssuranceSkills: AzureDescription:N/ARequirements:N/AJob Responsibilities:Must have 1+ year of testing background, including test planning, test case design, and executio