It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The lifeblood of Covius is our people. We are a tight-knit group and we're passionate about what we do. If you thrive on challenges and collaboration, and work hard no matter who is watching, we want to talk to you. At Covius, we believe it's possible to love coming to work. We don't do easy here. Standards are high, and we take pride in exceeding expectations. It's how we've gotten to where we are, and it's how we grow. We are a mid-sized company with a big heart. If you're looking for an opportunity that's authentic, meaningful and emphasizes living a balanced life, Covius is the place for you.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development, implementation, management, and support of Covius’ production applications.
- Design, code, debug, test and deploy software
- Learn the business and requirements of our customers and internal clients and translate those into technical solutions
- Analyze requirements, software designs, code, documentation and deployment plans
- Provide training and technical guidance to other engineers
- Perform code review based on Covius best practice and style guides
- Maintains the technical design documents and ensures that the technical designs meet the architecture standards of Covius and the vision of the domain
- Recommend new technologies that can help increase productivity
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues
- Leverage Agile Software Development practices such as Scrum and Kanban
- Own deployments of code to multiple environments participating in writing deployment plans and supporting release activities
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures
- Work with multi-department team members to develop new applications and create product releases for existing applications
- Evaluates alternatives and presents trade-offs to the team as needed
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills for coordinating with technical and non-technical staff
- Be proactive learner who utilizes new technologies and who can propose ideas and improvements to products and processes
- Performs Agile engineering practices (e.g. continuous integration, continuous deployment, TDD, pair programming, unit testing, refactoring, emergent design, automated builds)
- Knowledge of common SDLC standards and best practices
- Demonstrate a high standard for excellence
- Provide a balance between being detail-oriented and big picture problem solving
- Work well as part of a Scrum team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent level of experience required
- At least 9+ years of experience using the .NET Framework with C#
- Advanced skills and experience working with Web services, Web API, MVC, Bootstrap, jQuery, Microservices, Multi-Threaded and Concurrent systems
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development and developer role on an Agile Team
- Extensive experience with SaaS and software architectural models (SOA, EDA, etc.) are required
- Extensive knowledge of Document Services business domain and technologies
- Mortgage servicing experience is preferred
Work is performed in climate controlled indoor administrative office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending upon office or meeting location.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to remain stationary. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Vision: Close and distance required with ability to see objects in presence of glare or bright lighting (e.g., computer screen). Speech/Hearing: Frequently interact with management, vendors, coworkers, industry constituents, clients and the public.
Covius offers an extensive benefits package for all employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
Salary Range: $100,000- $130,000
Annual Incentive Program (AIP): %
Covius is committed to equal opportunity in all employment practices to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetics, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected category as established by local, state and federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, disciplinary action, layoff, leaves of absence, training and termination. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawful discrimination based on any prohibited basis .
The essential functions, working conditions and physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job Summary:The Software Engineer II will actively participate in intermediate-level, moderately complex coding, testing and research for small and medium assignments. This includes documentation of methods, and coding, testing, correcting, and revising applications/programs. Key
Job Reference 21-0274Post Date 10/13/2021CARC YesCity/Location TelecommutePoint of Hire Nationwide, USACompany AIT-Arctic Information Technology, Inc.Type of Position Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status ExemptDescription The Senior Application Developer Mobile Point of Sale (MPOS) will.
We are Cambium Assessment, a Cambium Learning® Group company.As the leader in online testing for K-12 state education standards, Cambium Assessment delivers secure, reliable, and scalable assessment solutions that improve student performance while supporting state education a
Our client, a SaaS company in the healthcare space is hiring a QA Team Lead to join their team. In this role, you'll lead two teams of 5 on-shore automated testers and an off-shore manual team in an Agile environment to plan and execute testing activities in each sprint.The ideal
We are looking for an experienced Agile Software Developer with strong contemporary skills, familiarity with agile methodologies, and commitment to building software solutions that enable technology excellence. Use your creativity and technical savvy to build and shape a product.