NEOGOV is a proud SaaS leader in the Public Sector for the HR, Recruiting and education processes of our local and State agencies. Through the NEOGOV HR Suite, our passion is to bring efficient and more innovative solutions to public sector organizations.
We are dedicated to serving the people who serve the people. We're looking for a seasoned Project Manager to take on the responsibilities of leading our dedicated Agile Teams. You'll interface with everyone from project leads, to team members, to business units as you deliver various simultaneous, project initiatives.
You'll be the team's go-to, responsible for facilitating the delivery of team commitments through leading Scrum ceremonies, focusing on team efficiency and motivation, tracking and removing impediments, and promoting and influencing quality.
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Adoption of existing Project Management best practices, including the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Expert communicator and collaborator with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Mentor, coach and team builder in a distributed, past paced, global environment
- Empathetic, with growth mind set
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects a plus. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent also a plus
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 20-35 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field).
- PMP Certification is a MUST HAVE
- Agile Scrum Master certification (CSM, PMI-ACP).
- Full Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) for full-time employees
- Truly inclusive and diverse environment
- Unlimited PTO and Flex-Time off
- Autonomy to grow and find your career path with supportive leadership
- RRSP Matching
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At Ascensus, technology is more than just a solution. It powers the business that helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. Our technology experts tackle exciting challenges in collaborative teams, but work in an environment where
Software QA Analyst SeniorCreates and maintains the processes of the division’s quality program. Also provides consulting for software development or operations processes, quality practices, quality audits and software measurements to product development or operations teams
Primary location: Remote, Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-TimeTravel: 10% Non-compete: NoLOCATION: Fully remote work from home position that can be located anywhere within the United States.Why consider working for Kanopiby Armstrong?Armstrong World Industri
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Terabase EnergyTerabase Energy, Inc. is a Berkeley, CA-based venture backed startup that was founded by solar industry veterans as a result of a technology spinout from SunPower Corporation in 2019. Our mission is to accelerate the renewable energy transition by reducing soft cos
Provides high-quality medical and scientific writing from planning and coordination of literature search through delivery of final drafts to internal and external clients. Provides technical consultation and provides substantive advice on strategy, regulations and industry best p
More jobs by this company
AboutNEOGOV is the market and technology leader in human resources software for the public sector. Our HR software automates the entire hiring, onboarding, training, and performance evaluation. The process starts with our business development team. The Account Executive will prom
AboutNEOGOV is a proud SaaS leader in the Public Sector for the HR, Recruiting and education processes of our local and State agencies. Through the NEOGOV HR Suite, our passion is to bring efficient and more innovative solutions to public sector organizations. We are dedicated to
AboutNEOGOV is a proud SaaS leader in the Public Sector for the HR, Recruiting, employee development and management. Through the NEOGOV HR Suite, our passion is to bring efficient and more innovative solutions to public sector organizations. We are in business to serve the people
AboutNEOGOV is a proud SaaS leader in the Public Sector for HR, Recruiting, employee development, and management. Through the NEOGOV HR Suite, our passion is to bring efficient and more innovative solutions to public sector organizations. We are in business to serve the people wh