- Algorithm development to support new capabilities in our bioinformatics pipelines.
- Evaluation and integration of in-house and third-party tools.
- Continued improvement and maintenance of existing pipeline modules.
- Big-data analysis across hundreds or thousands of samples to evaluate the accuracy and performance of our pipelines. Work with stakeholders at Personalis to understand requirements and priorities.
- Work with the Software QA team to design and execute test plans for new pipeline releases.
- At least 5 years experience working in a bioinformatics pipeline or algorithm development role.
- Advanced statistical and algorithmic understanding of somatic NGS-based variant calling.
- Experience developing bioinformatics pipelines, including expertise with standard Next-generation sequencing analysis tools such as BWA, GATK, samtools, etc.
- Experience developing novel algorithms for NGS analysis.
- Experience using high-performance compute clusters using SGE, Torque, Slurm, or equivalent.
- Fluency in multiple programming/scripting languages such as Python, Bash, R.
- Familiarity with different assays and modes of sequencing (WGS vs. Exome, RNA-seq).
- Domain knowledge in molecular biology and genomics, particularly in areas of cancer research.
- Advanced degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or a related field. Ph.D. preferred.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.
Personalis, Inc. is a provider of advanced genomic sequencing and analytics solutions to support the development of personalized cancer vaccines and other next-generation cancer immunotherapies. Our mission is to transform the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At Ascensus, technology is more than just a solution. It powers the business that helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. Our technology experts tackle exciting challenges in collaborative teams, but work in an environment where
Description:Develop test and validation plan coinciding with industry standards and functional safety requirements such as ISO 26262Create and implement Design Verification Methods, test cases and validation criteria to test coverage of component requirements of EV powertrain sys
Overview:The successful candidate must have strong people management, software development, large-scale system design, & leadership skillsThe successful candidate will be responsible for a team delivering timely, high-quality products to our Public Cloud infrastructure, as we
Piper Companies is looking for a qualified and ambitious Senior Data Engineer interested in developing solutions to help protect the world’s industrial infrastructure in a highly collaborative team. This is a REMOTE opportunity with a fast-growing cyber security company bas
About UsAutomation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimi
We are one of North America’s top online marketplace seller with over 10 years of knowledge and expertise.Packable, the holding company of Pharmapacks is a premier team of eCommerce experts connecting consumers to their favorite health, beauty, and wellness brands on popula