A Specialist – Web Development has mastered the most-often used features of the programming language, its core library, commonly used 3rd party libraries, and commonly used code management and build tooling. They are able to mentor less experienced developers in the team's practices and idioms, including the reason behind them, as well as provide meaningful commentary on the implementation of the developer's code.
Initially a developer is expected to be able to develop a medium set of defined, inter-related components, articulate why the code and application they are working on are designed the way they are, and be able to provide some instructive feedback to newer developers through code reviews and in-person Q&A. As they progress, they should be able to implement smaller subsystems independently, begin to design small portions of the systems, and begin to understand the design principles and practices that cut across all the applications.
The goal the Specialist – Web Development is to:
- Develop an understanding of why some libraries, frameworks, and tooling are designed the way they are: What trade-offs were made? Why might the developer have done that? Through this work, develop an understanding of the practical use of design patterns.
- Begin to understand some of the externalities associated with running an application: performance, security, operations, monitoring, etc.
- Be able to troubleshoot application, infrastructure, and environment issues
Development - 90%
- Write, test, and bug-fix web applications with an emphasis on stability, accessibility, and performance.
- Write clear, developer-focused documentation for your code and the app as a whole.
- Develop good, comprehensive, automated functional tests.
- Participate in the prototyping of new ideas, concepts, and designs
- Work with business analysts, other developers, and project management to estimate and provide updates on tasks.
Mentoring - 10%
- Review code and provide feedback to developers on ways to improve code quality, clarity, and performance.
- Review tests and provide feedback on ways to improve general code coverage, positive and negative test cases, and data management.
- Instruct developers in group standards and practices.
- Describe and instruct developers in the team's build, test, and deployment infrastructure.
- 4+ years professional experience building cross-browser, performance-conscious websites.
- Experience with WCAG 2.0/2.1 AA and AAA compliance
- Experience with testing cross-browser accessibility with various screen reader technologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop accessible UI components and features
- Familiarity with accessibility development and testing tools
- Able to provide accessibility focused feedback in code reviews
- Experience documenting accessibility development practices and features
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At Ascensus, technology is more than just a solution. It powers the business that helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. Our technology experts tackle exciting challenges in collaborative teams, but work in an environment where
Pubgenius is one of the fastest-growing tech companies. We are looking for an Ad Tech Engineer who wants to make an impact by working on various international projects, to be a part of the international team, to work from anywhere in the world, and to look for work flexibility, s
As a QA Tester you will play a crucial role on a fun, high performing and goal-oriented team. You will focus on finding defects and figuring out what causes them.You will assist in the planning and executing of testing efforts of fixes, enhancements, and implementations, includin
CVS Health seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern, lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. As part of our engineering team your efforts building the Aetna Hea
Headquarters: URL: https://www.paloaltoinsight.comWe are looking for our first QA tester. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a robust software QA process with the CTO of the company. We have multiple client facing projects, most of which are web applicat