You will assist in the planning and executing of testing efforts of fixes, enhancements, and implementations, including documentation, reporting, analysis and acceptance. You will partner with Project Managers and Developers to steer projects to success while ensuring adherence to quality standards.
You are responsible and accountable for delivering projects within a specified time frame. You will openly exchange ideas, escalate issues, and document new/changing requirements. You are accountable for delivering quality projects to clients and ensuring that programs are operating correctly to deliver a positive customer experience.
Role Specific Job Duties
- Diligently test clients programs, change requests and bug fixes: Confirm that the requirements are met and assures there are no breaking changes from the change(s) made; report bugs that do not meet the requirements and/or compromise the quality of the program; keep ticket owners informed on the status of the project, possible risks, including risks to missing due dates or the quality of the program.
- Promptly and thoroughly write and execute test cases assigned by their due date.
- Grow your test automation skills.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and results in oral and written formats, such as at daily standups and within JIRA.
- Analyze test results to confirm correctness of existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
- Maintain documentation of test cases and test results.
- Analyze test results to confirm correctness of existing and new functionality, as well as recommend resolutions as needed.
- Review and provide feedback on test plans, test cases, automation tests, and test reports/results.
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
- Be teachable, flexible and adaptable. Willing to embrace change. Do not just report problems; be a problem solver.
- Promptly attend and actively participate in all project team meetings such as daily Standups and Planning meetings.
- Transparency and communication throughout the entire project with the team in all things including, unable to make due dates, reporting bugs, keeping timelines, and reporting possible risks.
- Provide direction for UAT to be able to plan and execute tests effectively to ensure the quality of the program/changes.
- Provide recommendations and implements best practices for continual process improvement.
- Ensure all requirements have been accurately implemented and work as expected.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills / Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in manual software testing
- Experience with both web and API testing
- Experience creating test plans
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Proficiency with Atlassian JIRA/Confluence, Google Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and be flexible
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment.
- Experience with CLI Tools
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate Conditions of Success to development with successful results
- Scrum and agile development
- Experience in coordinating software development efforts
- Experience working with test automation tools
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At Ascensus, technology is more than just a solution. It powers the business that helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. Our technology experts tackle exciting challenges in collaborative teams, but work in an environment where
Pubgenius is one of the fastest-growing tech companies. We are looking for an Ad Tech Engineer who wants to make an impact by working on various international projects, to be a part of the international team, to work from anywhere in the world, and to look for work flexibility, s
A Specialist – Web Development has mastered the most-often used features of the programming language, its core library, commonly used 3rd party libraries, and commonly used code management and build tooling. They are able to mentor less experienced developers in the team's
CVS Health seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern, lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. As part of our engineering team your efforts building the Aetna Hea
Headquarters: URL: https://www.paloaltoinsight.comWe are looking for our first QA tester. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a robust software QA process with the CTO of the company. We have multiple client facing projects, most of which are web applicat