Come be a part of a team where we win together, deliver awesome and make a difference in not only the lives of our employees but by transforming the exchange of clinical data using the most advance technology available.
We are looking to fill a remote, work from home position.
Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 PM EST.
- Comfortable working in a high-volume production environment.
- Must Have ROI experience
- Processing medical record requests by taking calls from patients, insurance companies and attorneys to provide medical record status
- Documenting information in multiple platforms using two computer monitors.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (including Word and Excel)
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking skills in the execution of job duties and knows when to ask for guidance and/or share information with supervisor and/or manager for uncommon ROI requests.
- Works with Supervisor to develop guidelines and best practices that increase efficiency and productivity.
- Assists with the training of Client Service Representatives throughout the region and provides coverage in the event of backlogs, illness, vacation, or leave of absence.
- Serves as knowledge resource for Client Service Representatives.
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient’s medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to processing operations.
- Reviews the accuracy of scanned documents and ensures documents reflect the details specified by the requestor.
- Assists with QIs, and QAs as directed by Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department.
- Remains abreast of processes and procedures for installing applicable Company operational software.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of esmartlog, smartlink, rep on line and other work tools and software.
- Generates reports from e-smartlog, rep on line and other tools and software as directed by Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Submits weekly reports as directed by Manager.
- Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies and procedures in regards to release of information.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as scheduled. Notifies Supervisor and/or Manager if unable to adhere to daily schedule.
- Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; and being proactive in identifying member concerns, or problems.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area, insures adequate supplies to meet customer requests.
- Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or applicable law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all accurate work hours in The Company’s designated time keeping system daily and adheres to The Company’s overtime policy and procedures for requesting time off or change in schedule.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with The Company and member facilities policies and procedures and state and federal labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality breaches.
- Complete and send in SS weekly activity reports at the end of each payroll cutoff.
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional facilities or assist during backlogs.
- Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with all Company and medical records information including during transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical records information from member site unless written authorization is provided by the facility’s HIM Director, Company Supervisor or Manager or Vice President of Operations.
- Attends and participates in required educational training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Accepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
- Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing information and data as requested including member’s changing needs and requests.
- Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns and/or any potential HIPAA violations whether actual or perceived.
- Informs Manager of site or work difficulties, special project requests from facility, and fluctuating volume in daily workload.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
- Ability to recognize emergency situations within context of job duties and communicate potential issues to Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Maintains knowledge of safety procedures to ensuring a safe work environment and reports safety concerns to Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintains a current and valid driver’s license and insures personal automobile insurance is in force and will be maintained, in at least the amounts required by state law, on any automobile or transportation that is used in connection with Company duties.
- Checks Company and other assigned email and communication systems such as REP Online and member assigned email on a daily basis. Utilizes assigned tools within established guidelines. Performs other tasks as assigned including but not limited to the requirement to work at facilities as directed by Manager when business needs dictate.
- May be required to oversee site operations in the absence of the Site Coordinator.
- Adheres to The Company’s Code of Conduct and business standards.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma (GED) required
- Associates’ Degree in healthcare related discipline desired and may substitute for the experience requirement.
- Knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry, office equipment and procedures required.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience preferably with release of information, medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment.
- Proven customer service experience and/or training.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations and to complete work in compliance of these and other standards.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills a must
- Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine, and multiline phone system and other required work tools
- Ability to learn new equipment and required processes in a fast paced environment
- Must be willing to travel to multiple sites based on the needs of the region
- Ability to work professionally, effectively, and efficiently in a team environment with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively
For remote work, this position requires that you provide a high-speed internet connection, subject to applicable expense reimbursement requirements (if any), and a work environment free from distractions.
- Except for states where legally prohibited to enforce mandates.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position SummaryThycotic needs a highly motivated, self-driven, and detail-oriented Test Engineer to partner with developers, product managers, and technical writers in an Agile-based Sprint team environment that is creating and testing software for commercial release. The right.
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.We are currently seeking a Mid-Level Web Developer / Engineer to join our
About KrakenOur mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the pla
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst performs and leads testing of multiple, large, complex, or strategic software development applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders. As w
Position SummaryWe are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst) who will be responsible for testing the software to make sure it can handle required tasks in real-world scenarios. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the QA Analyst manually tests software as it
ServiceNow DeveloperPermanent PlacementRemote (Client HQ in Chantilly, VA)Client is in the Federal and Commercial space, and will hold active clearances for candidates with current Secret, and Top Secret access. ***Due to Federal nature of these clients, all candidates must be US
You have a technical background and are willing to join dynamic and innovative company?SprintRay is looking for a Technical Customer Support Representative to join our energetic and diverse team who will share our passion for solving problems and building strong relationships wit
About The RoleWe are currently looking for dynamic, well-versed Customer Support Associates to provide customer support for one of our partners. We are looking for expertise in how to handle provide friendly and helpful responses to customer support tickets via email and chat, ju
Do what you love. Love what you do.At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We