Program Implementation (PI) Group
Tier 3-Operations Maintenance and Support (OMS) /IT Developer/SysAdmin –Remote Position
- Sustainment of JALFHCC applications to include existing and enhanced or added software Applications
- Tier 3 support to diagnose and correct issues/errors in the JALFHCC application code
- Update the software code, software design diagrams, application drawings, System Design Documents, Interface Control Documents (ICDs), and any other artifacts, as needed in software tracking tools
- Update Sustainment source code
- Maintain the baseline software and operating system for Test Environments (i.e., Silver, Gold and Pre-Production) by installing security patches as directed by the COR to ensure Information assurance of the Environments.
- Coordinate production releases with VA lead and other VA teams
- Review defects and update the Sustainment Defect Log in VA tool. For defect repairs of 508 compliance or Authority to Operate (ATO) issues, upload the compliance paperwork for mitigation of the issue
- Maintain the interfaces (FMS, CCS, eCMS, CDW and SNOW) along with the interface between VA and DoD at JALFHCC via the messaging service (Health Connect) and IBM integration tools
- Deliver developed Source Code in VA code repository for every sprint
- Deploy the software to the User Acceptance Test (UAT) environment and support the maintenance of that environment for the duration of the tests.
- Escalate to OIT Major Incident Management when Priority 1/Priority 2 outages occur
- Escalate to MEDLOG IT PMO/Defense Health Agency (DHA) (DMLSS product owner) when outages occur
- Assist in managing/supporting Tier 3 interagency testing of SNOW escalation of tickets
- Manage, track and remediate findings and defects from all associated tests.
- Experienced System Admin skill with VA or other government IT systems
General Task Responsibilities
- Tier 3 support of Health Connect server certifications/ security updates and mirror swaps
- Assist in executing and implementing software releases for DMLSS Health Connect
- Train new Tier 3 techs on new code changes for new site implementation/post deployment needs
- Assist in maintaining appropriate SNOW dashboards
- Assist in producing weekly, monthly and yearly ticketing status reports
- Participate in Implementation functions/calls which may have sustainment impacts
- Anticipate/communicate needs for future OMS growth as sites are added
- Assist in creating Help Desk artifacts/communicate & follow escalation procedures
- Assist in create/maintain Sustainment Production Operation Manual (POM) for SCM product. POM is an application-specific document containing detailed topology, dependencies, support structure, monitoring specifics, maintenance windows, etc. POM is intended to provide Field Operations staff the necessary instructions to operate and support production computer systems.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure team on new releases/products and upgrades of existing infrastructure
- Collaborate with Infrastructure/Solutions team on training of new software/hardware for operational support purposes
- Provide/review Sustainment Test Plan to include test execution data, and test cases/scripts for each build.
- Provide information to update the existing Quality Assurance Management (QAM) Plan and the Communications Management Plan quarterly as part of the updates to the CPMP.
- Assist/conduct software testing and evaluation in support of all sustainment releases. Testing within the JALFHCC Application VA Silver (development), Gold (test), and Pre-Production test environments. Shall conduct Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, and Cybersecurity Testing as to fit for use
- Provide all Development Test Results in the VA code repository tool which is the final piece of data that completes the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Maintain a Sustainment User Manuals for each Software Application. The Sustainment User Manual addresses procedural information for the business users on daily operational use of the software.
- Coordinate requirements management with VA stakeholders to include requirement assessment, design, development, and testing
- Follow the existing VA policies and procedures on system security and data privacy; keep the Program’s existing documents on application security, system security, and data protection current; and provide any new security artifacts that may be created
- Support Field Security Services (FSS) ISOs and Office of Cyber Security (OCS)
- Security Control Assessment (SCA) team for assessment requirements as detailed in VA Directive and Handbook 6500 Information Security Program, VA Handbook 6500.3 Certification and Accreditation of VA Information Systems
- Provide support by identifying, documenting, reviewing, and maintaining the A&A Artifacts as needed to support an ATO request in accordance with VA policy and Federal Law and guidelines, as detailed in NIST SP 800-37 Rev 1 Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems:
- Collaborate on the bi-directional data flow between VA and DMLSS and the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Transaction Services and the Data Management Interface (DMI) service at AITC, data standards, and impacts to existing VA data models and mappings across repositories
- Perform Integration with Software and Databases at the FHCC as they impact SCM Product (now DMLSS)
- Maintain the SCM Product (DMLSS) interface, interoperability between DoD and VA, and any changes to the data files which were developed
- Provide /support Section 508 Requirements compliance of SCM Product (DMLSS) being supported
Required skills/status/ availability:
- 5 yrs + Operations/Sustainment experience
- 5 yrs + Systems or System Admin/IT experience
- Customer support experience
- Availability to provide remote support 7am-5pm local server time, includes CST, EST & PST time zones
- Ability to secure VA Moderate/MBI Clearance
- Ability to prove COVID vaccination status per federal govt mandate
- Experience with InterSystems Health Connect
- Experience with trouble ticketing systems (Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Dept of Veteran Affairs or other govt agency IT developer /system admin experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; 80% of all plan member premiums are paid by Centeva
- Employee Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- PTO and all 10 Federal Holidays as paid days off
- 401(k) with 100% employer match up to 4%
- Paid gym membership
- Professional certification course and examination reimbursement
- Professional development and training
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position SummaryThycotic needs a highly motivated, self-driven, and detail-oriented Test Engineer to partner with developers, product managers, and technical writers in an Agile-based Sprint team environment that is creating and testing software for commercial release. The right.
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.We are currently seeking a Mid-Level Web Developer / Engineer to join our
About KrakenOur mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the pla
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst performs and leads testing of multiple, large, complex, or strategic software development applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders. As w
Position SummaryWe are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst) who will be responsible for testing the software to make sure it can handle required tasks in real-world scenarios. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the QA Analyst manually tests software as it
ServiceNow DeveloperPermanent PlacementRemote (Client HQ in Chantilly, VA)Client is in the Federal and Commercial space, and will hold active clearances for candidates with current Secret, and Top Secret access. ***Due to Federal nature of these clients, all candidates must be US
You have a technical background and are willing to join dynamic and innovative company?SprintRay is looking for a Technical Customer Support Representative to join our energetic and diverse team who will share our passion for solving problems and building strong relationships wit
About The RoleWe are currently looking for dynamic, well-versed Customer Support Associates to provide customer support for one of our partners. We are looking for expertise in how to handle provide friendly and helpful responses to customer support tickets via email and chat, ju
Do what you love. Love what you do.At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We