The Director of Web Development at SmartBug leads our web development line of business. In this role, you are responsible for delivering websites and other interactive projects that exceed client expectations regarding quality, schedule, performance, ease of use, and their experience working with SmartBug.
You will lead a team of developers and QA professionals to support our growth and the pursuit of our strategic marketing plan. You will also be responsible for driving our development technology roadmap, making staffing decisions, and putting in place professional development plans for your team that ensure your department is aligned with and operates by our core values.
SmartBug is a dynamic organization, and you will have significant autonomy and authority to further elevate our development team in terms of talent, innovation, and customer impact.
In this role, you must be willing to push the envelope and collaborate with the creative team to recommend each project’s best approach and solution. You also understand that each project reflects our brand and that an exceptional customer experience is required no matter the size or complexity of the project. You will also enjoy the opportunity to hone our processes and the style and manner we deliver our work. At SmartBug, your voice is heard and respected.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set the tone, culture, and direction of the development team
- Establish, monitor, and maintain development and quality standards
- Work closely with creative, client services, and production teams to create compelling interactive experiences
- Manage capacity and resource planning of developers and QA professionals
- Make hire/fire decisions as required to support company growth and vision
- Create and drive the company’s development technology and skills roadmap
- Serve as a mentor and lead developer for more junior developers
- Optimize project processes and our approach to ensure outstanding results ahead of schedule and budget
- Represent development on sales calls and with clients
- Meet performance targets for effective billing rates, turnaround times, and customer satisfaction
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
- Customer/Client Focus
- Exacting Attention to Detail
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
This position will supervise a team of developers and QA professionals.
This job operates in a remote or home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, and filing cabinets.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in schedule is allowed, but the employee must be available during typical business hours for their time zone Monday through Friday. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
No regular travel, except for the company’s annual retreat, is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, I.S. or Computer Science
- 5+ years recent web development experience with expertise in standard front-end technologies
- Expertise with content management systems, particularly HubSpot and WordPress
- Experience managing teams either directly or cross-functionally
- Expertise in resourcing development across high-growth teams
- Experience working with designers and UX specialists
- Experience interacting with and presenting to clients
- Strong alignment with SmartBug’s values as measured by your prior work and experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and manage project plans
- Track record of success in exceeding client goals
- Strong business acumen
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. In addition, duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position SummaryThycotic needs a highly motivated, self-driven, and detail-oriented Test Engineer to partner with developers, product managers, and technical writers in an Agile-based Sprint team environment that is creating and testing software for commercial release. The right.
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.We are currently seeking a Mid-Level Web Developer / Engineer to join our
About KrakenOur mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the pla
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst performs and leads testing of multiple, large, complex, or strategic software development applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders. As w
Description:The SQA Test Engineer is responsible for software quality assurance. This position is performed remotely.Performs testing of repair code modifications (initial source code) to ensure released patches correct the defects for which they are intended, and do not create a