About the role
You’ve got a head for processes, an eye for detail and you love being the first to test out new features in the wild. As a member of the komoot Quality Assurance team you'll play a key role in delivering new, bug-free features to our users worldwide. We work in cross-functional squads so you’ll work with a range of people from product managers and designers, to developers and data analysts to bring new features into the world. And you’ll simultaneously help to shape our quality practices with the rest of the QA team.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Perform exploratory tests, both indoors and outside, to ensure an exceptional user experience for komoot’s mobile (Android and iOS) apps and website
- Work with product managers and designers to refine features and contribute to requirements
- Provide test feedback and pair up with developers to test the features throughout the development process
- Keep an overview of bug reports and prioritize them in collaboration with our product, development and customer support teams
- Manage our manual test suites
- Support the developers maintaining our automated test suites
Why you will love it
- You’ll team up with Pedro and Artur to define and scale QA processes, enabling exceptional-quality feature delivery in fast development cycles
- You’ll take ownership of quality from day one, moving things forward, shaping the processes and choosing the tools you need to do your best work
- You’ll work on a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated and talented peopleYou’ll feel challenged to continuously learn and excel in your domain
- You’ll travel together with our team (when safe & legal) to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll improve a product that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor adventures
- This is a remote role and you are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. A sunny beach? Snowy mountains? Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have proven experience providing quality assurance for high-quality Android, iOS and web apps (5+ years)
- Have the ability to investigate the root cause of bugs and document them consistently
- Love to understand every detail of a product and its impact on our users
- You believe quality is a collective effort rather than one person’s responsibility
- Have strong analytical skills, are highly self-driven, reliable and keen to learn
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and no ego – we’re a team and have always achieved incredible results together
- Bonus: You know about automated mobile testing with Espresso or XCUITest
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your blog.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position SummaryThycotic needs a highly motivated, self-driven, and detail-oriented Test Engineer to partner with developers, product managers, and technical writers in an Agile-based Sprint team environment that is creating and testing software for commercial release. The right.
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.We are currently seeking a Mid-Level Web Developer / Engineer to join our
About KrakenOur mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the pla
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst performs and leads testing of multiple, large, complex, or strategic software development applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders. As w
US citizens or GC Holders Sr. QA Automation Tester Location : 100 % REMOTE Duration : 6 months plus extensions ( contract to hire )A QA Analyst analyzes requirements, designs and executes test cases, identifies bugs in the application before the code moves to production.We are lo
More jobs by this company
About the roleTo make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious web developer to join our fully remote team of 85+ people.Ready for your next adventure?What you will doDevelop end-to-end solutions
About the roleYou’ll team up with four world class iOS engineers and take over full responsibility for our iOS app. Touching all parts of the iOS app, your work will make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features for navigation
About the roleWe are now experiencing an accelerated growth and we're looking for an experienced Data Scientist dedicated to improving the product experience. As a young tech company, we know how user engagement can be boosted by personalisation, recommendations, user-segmentatio
About the roleKomoot is a tech company where data plays a decisive role. As our new senior data analyst, your work will be invaluable in driving key product decisions. Being part of a cross-functional team, you will work closely with product managers, developers and designers to.
About the roleAt komoot we strongly believe in the power of automation. Written rules are good, automated security checks are better. As a cloud security engineer at komoot you’ll take care of our AWS and Google cloud organizations. You manage accounts/projects, users, role
About the roleAs komoot’s next Senior Backend Engineer, you join a highly-motivated team of tech enthusiasts. We are focused on impact, that’s why we love to find simple and smart solutions to complex problems, and embrace modern technologies to face our tough challen
About the roleKomoot is a tech company in which data plays a decisive role. As komoot’s lead data analyst, you will scale the Analytics team from 2 to 6 members to cover the increasing need for data-informed decisions as the company grows. This includes recruiting and onboa
About the roleYou’ll team up with four world class Android engineers and take over full responsibility for our Android app. You’ll work on all parts of the Android app and make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features fo