EDZ Systems has an opportunity for you to be part of a team that will be developing and implementing a new transformational technology that will impact every consumer and business in the United States. FedNow will be a new service that will enable financial institutions in the U.S. to provide safe and efficient instant payment services, twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year. As a member of this team, you will be one of a very few people who will gain the knowledge of this system which will impact the financial/banking industry across the United States, gaining highly marketable skills.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for identifying and analyzing the quality engineering & continuous testing needs related to technology solutions to complex business problems. This position will also serve as a liaison between the product owners, the business community, and application developers. This position will establish and implement all quality engineering processes and tools, including test methodologies, test strategies, test design techniques, automation scripts, and automated tools to ensure that exhaustive testing is conducted for complex custom and vendor supplied software systems.
- Collaborate with application development personnel and business personnel to plan all phases of application testing including, unit, integration, system, regression, load, performance, security, contingency, and user acceptance testing.
- Function as a liaison or act as Quality coach between the Quality Engineering and Agile Teams/Delivery teams to assist engineers with the development of software to ensure that design specifications are satisfied from a user perspective.
- Assist with the quality implementation and support of multiple applications from both the user and technical perspective.
- Assist with the coordination of cross-functional and cross platform test strategies for upstream and downstream integration.
- Review and edit files using a software editing tool to aid in testing scenarios as well as assist business lines with schema validation/format/inbound/outbound testing.
- Assist in formal and informal reviews throughout the software development life cycle.
- Develop and communicate technical policies, procedures, and strategies, and clearly articulate complex situations to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Lead quality engineering testing efforts related to cloud testing strategy and efforts
- Ensure that testing activities assess application's ability to meet business requirements, systems goals, end-user requirements, performance requirements, and security requirement.
- Design and develop appropriate test plans, test cases, and story/feature test data to test complex problems or to address specific user requirements.
- Develop feature-based testing roadmap schedule, identify testing & development dependencies and collaborate with business integration and product owners for thorough coverage of e2e testing and sign-off
- Design and develop sprint regression testing methodologies, scenarios, risk-based testing strategies and automation suite.
- Design and establish quality measures, standards, and tools for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Design and implement defect prevention techniques & tracking processes and appropriate metrics to ensure that all software meets quality standards.
- Provide weekend and/or evening testing support for applications in rotation with other members of the department, as needed.
- Recommend policies, standards, and procedures for continuous improvement & continuous testing of the Quality Engineering role within the FRS.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to user communities on quality engineering tools and techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Expert knowledge of software development life cycle, quality engineering, agile testing best practices and methodologies.
- Substantial exposure to project-based work structures and ability to work in a virtual setting.
- Ability to be quickly become proficient with new software applications & payment systems.
- Collaborate with developers in reviewing unit test and integration results for coverage analysis
- Experience of BDD implementation, tagging strategy and pipeline integration
- Experience in performance testing tools like performance center & JMeter
- Strong knowledge of RDS and NoSQL databases, writing queries, stored procedures and scripts
- Experience with API development, service virtualization, and mock testing
- Experience with MQ message queues-based automation and cloud testing skills.
- Drive automation efficiencies and coverage effectiveness using different tools and techniques
- Review the development code to build effective automation suite to cover technical and business integration automation coverage
- Excellent communications, organizational, presentation, interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to cultivate positive working relationships with business and technical staff from all levels within the Federal Reserve System.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, SQL and software editing tools
- Capture quality data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelors or higher qualification in Computer science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred.
- SAFE or Agile certification, Cloud or DevOps certification is a plus
Pay Range: $ 40-50 an hour
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $50.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Selenium: 4 years (Preferred)
- Test automation: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position SummaryThycotic needs a highly motivated, self-driven, and detail-oriented Test Engineer to partner with developers, product managers, and technical writers in an Agile-based Sprint team environment that is creating and testing software for commercial release. The right.
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.We are currently seeking a Mid-Level Web Developer / Engineer to join our
About KrakenOur mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the pla
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst performs and leads testing of multiple, large, complex, or strategic software development applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders. As w
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:Knowledge & experience in building OAuth solutions. Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth.Experience in Data Privacy is preferredHistory of contributing to deployments in an engineering role
US RemoteTechnology OfficeJob Requisition Number: AMLAB126Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threa