We are seeking a full-time accountant to be responsible for our invoicing, collections and taxes. We will also cross train this person to handle certain accounts payable, financial analysis, HR and operations related responsibilities.
The candidate should be a bright, energetic, self-starter who wants the opportunity to join our growing business with a national footprint and multi-state tax issues. The applicant must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related subject with significant coursework in accounting. Ideally the candidate will be detail oriented, comfortable working in an entrepreneurial setting and have a solid understanding of and interest in financial analysis, tax issues and GAAP.
- Spearhead the collections process by maintaining receivables reports, investigating circumstances of non-payment and contacting customers.
- Set up new customers, process customer changes and cancellations.
- Post customer payments by recording ACH and credit card transactions
- Collaborate on setup of sales tax processing
- Assist with accounts payable and recording credit card statements.
- Prepare journal entries, financial reports and account reconciliations.
- Support financial planning by forecasting cash.
- Answer accounting and financial questions for internal and external customers by researching and interpreting data.
- Perform any other duties necessary to keep this area of our business strong.
- Communication skills: Both speaking and writing abilities are important for this role. You will be reaching out to co-workers and customers to obtain information.
- Research skills: You will be responsible for researching AR, AP and general ledger transactions including prepaid and accrued amounts making adjustments as needed to ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- Computer skills: Knowledge of accounting software, Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and good 10-key skills are required for this role. We currently use Quickbooks Enterprise but are in the process of transitioning to Microsoft D365 Business Central. The person hired for this role will be instrumental in assisting with the transition.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree and CPA preferred. Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done is essential.
- Collaborative skills: You will work with others in the accounting team and throughout the organization to ensure smooth setup, editing and cancellation of customer accounts, proper recording of payable amounts, correct timing of payments for invoices due and analysis of monthly financial results.
- Experience: Minimum 2 to 4 years of accounting experience
Compensation & Benefits
Our best perk is we are a virtual company, so you get to work from your home office, which must be in the Greater Philadelphia area. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, phone and internet allowance, paid time off and holidays, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K with generous match.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience.
For over 18 years, Respage has helped apartment managers and owners create extraordinary renting results. Through our results-driven products and services, we help our customers generate more qualified leads, improve resident satisfaction, improve reviews and star ratings, and secure more leases. We are a leading provider of apartment marketing services and have worked withover 10,000 communities nationwide.
We offer a fast-paced, virtual work environment that provides the opportunity to grow and advance your career. You will work for an organization that has been continuously identified as one of the Best Places to Work in Philadelphia and the multifamily industry. We are also growing quickly: we’ve made the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America three times.
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: