Cloudmed is a first-of-its-kind, single-source enterprise platform provider of Revenue Intelligence™ solutions for hospitals. Cloudmed’s approach of combining human expertise with advanced technology utilizing machine learning algorithms provides a smarter, more predictive way for clients to realize all potential revenue. Today, Cloudmed partners with over 3,100 healthcare providers in the United States and recovers over $1.2 billion of underpaid or unidentified revenue for clients annually. Cloudmed (Triage solution) is the 2020 Revenue Integrity and Underpayment Services KLAS® Category Leader and its solution suites have HFMA Peer Review status and are HITRUST certified.
The AR Claims Representative is responsible for performing research and follow-up activities on assigned accounts in order to obtain additional reimbursement for Cloudmed’s clients.
- Ensure accurate and complete account follow-up by demonstrating a thorough understanding of carrier-specific reimbursement as applicable to claim processing to include: eligibility discrepancies, UB04 claims form preparation, DRG, per diem, case rate reimbursements, etc.
- Conduct appropriate activity on accounts by contacting government agencies, third-party payors, and patients/guarantors via phone, e-mail, or online. Continue reimbursement activity until account resolved
- Document all follow-up activity taken on an account in the patient account notes
- Resolve claim processing issues on a timely basis by reviewing claim inventories, payments, and adjustments daily
- Responsible for maintaining control of assigned inventory and ensure that daily productivity standards of accounts are met
- Taking appropriate actions to ensure payments and adjustments have been posted properly as well as identify applicable accounts for secondary billing and follow-up
- Research and document any correspondence received related to assigned accounts
- Assess accounts for balance accuracy, confirm correct payor billed, coding accuracy, denials, and outstanding insurance requests
- Provide documentation appropriately and submit corrections; or if payor error, escalate for re-processing in a professional and timely manner
- Request additional information from patients and payors as needed
- Review payor contracts to determine expected reimbursement from claims, identify underpayments, and draft payor demand letters
- Identify billing or coding issues and request re-bills, secondary billing, or corrected bills as needed
- Identify payor issues and trends, and escalate those issues to Management
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal Law Regulations for Managed Care and other Third-Party Payors
- High School diploma required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience with medical claims and/or hospital claims experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with strong attention to details and problem solving both verbally and written. Specifically, strong telephone communications skills are required
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines is required
- Knowledge of general office procedures is required
- Ability to operate common computer systems, utilize hospital patient accounting system and business software is required
- Intermediate understanding of ICD-10, HCPCS/CPT coding, and medical terminology
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) skills
- Advanced business letter writing skills to include correct use of grammar and punctuation
- Understanding of the revenue cycle process
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Above average analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Has a full understanding of hospital reimbursement, Intermediate knowledge of Managed Care contracts, Contract Language and Federal and State requirements.
- Familiar with terms such as HMO, PPO, IPA, capitation and how these payors process claims
- Intermediate understanding of EOB, hospital billing form requirements (UB04) and familiar with the HCFA 1500 forms
The culture at Cloudmed embraces those that demonstrate a deep passion for solving the problems of healthcare with enthusiasm for building positive working relationships and winning as a team. Take the work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously. Creating a strong workplace culture has been one of our staples, which we believe encourages and inspires employees to do their best. Join a fulfilling team of like-minded individuals who can get their work done, but still have fun!
Cloudmed provides an extremely competitive benefit package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and more.
Cloudmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: