As a Technical Director at Oculus, you'll play a critical role in building the future of virtual reality content and games. You'll engage with first party studios and Oculus platform engineers as the primary bridge between the two groups. The ideal candidate has extensive game development experience and relationship management between development and publishing teams.Reporting to the Head of First Party Studios, the Technical Director will work with all our first party studios to coordinate technology sharing, develop best practices, foster innovation, and represent the game studios within the Oculus platform organization.
- Work with first party studios to determine if there are any Oculus technologies which are best suited for each project. Understand each team’s engine requirements, technology pipeline, and middleware requirements.
- Assist integration of new first party studios to Oculus and manage the migration of technologies where required or appropriate.
- Ensure platform teams understand what each studio requires, acting as a liaison between platform and development studios or fostering direct collaboration where appropriate.
- Become an expert on new VR technologies in development and share them with development studios where applicable.
- Perform technical due diligence for new teams, middleware, and outsourcing services.
- Assist with recruitment and interviewing of engineering talent at first party studios.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for engineers at studios.
- Dive in and provide direct engineering support to solve complex problems from time to time.
- At least 10 years of technical leadership experience in the games industry on console or PC.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience with AAA game development.
- Experience developing with Unreal or custom game engines.
- Experience developing in at least 1 VR application.
- Online and live service experience preferred.
- Experience developing for a mobile chipset.
- Unity experience.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.#LI-REMOTE
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
2 d ago
More jobs by this company
3 d ago
9 d ago
12 d ago
16 d ago
23 d ago