INTERNAL ONLY TO CURRENT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES
The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction is seeking applicants for a Nutrition Compliance Specialist (Working Title: Administrative Review/Nutrition Compliance Specialist) for the School Nutrition Division.
Salary Grade: GN13
Recruitment Range: $48,051-$86,677
Exam Plan: 21-05013
The Administrative Review/Compliance Specialist leads/manages the Administrative Reviews (ARs) conducted of all subrecipients that operate the Federally assisted School Nutrition programs administered by the department. The specialist is responsible for planning and overseeing the work and schedules of the AR Teams, including, but not limited to, communicating pre and post review expectations to subrecipient officials (including but not limited to Superintendents, School Nutrition Administrators and other School Business officials);leading and managing entrance and exit conferences; directing and/or coordinating the work of Consultants and Specialists on the AR Team, conducting risk-based portions of the off-site and on-site reviews; identifying and analyzing findings that reflect material non-compliance; developing the preliminary and final Report of Findings, Commendations and Recommendations for Program Improvement; synthesizing Administrative Review data/information from members of the review team; establishing appropriate corrective actions and approving SFA corrective actions as a means of establishing and sustaining compliance; documenting results, issuing reports and ensuring the integrity of the electronic and paper file management system to support internal and single audits of the agency, as well as all other required aspects of the Administrative Review and compliance process. The Administrative Review is mandated by Federal law and the review criteria are prescribed by Federal regulations/guidance. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the review process.
In addition to significant responsibilities with the monitoring and compliance aspects of the School Nutrition Programs, this position (as a member of the AR Review Lead Unit) is responsible for supporting the continuous modification of the AR procedures based on regulation and guidance from the USDA, State legislation and policies and/or rules of the State Board of Education. The position is also responsible for providing technical assistance and consultation to sub-recipients, for providing professional development and continuous improvement opportunities for sub-recipient. The position is also responsible for administrative reviews for cause, which may require a modified approach to on-site reviews. The position collaborates with staff within the Division and in other areas of the department to achieve organizational goals and support efficiency of operations within the agency. The position is also expected to contribute to compliance-related initiatives within the agency; these are often assigned by the Division Director.
Travel is required in this position when conducting subrecipient audits or investigations (approximately 15% of time). Applicant must have a valid NC Drivers License.
Note: To receive credit for your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the State of North Carolina application in the Education and Work Experience sections of the application form. Any information omitted from the application cannot be considered for qualifying credit. NC DPI welcomes attached or incorporated resumes, cover letters and reference information, but these items will not be used for screening for qualifying credit. Please make sure the application is completed in full. "See Resume" or "See Attachment" will NOT be accepted.
For current State employees, please note that as of June 1, 2018, promotional and RIF priority and salary administration will be made based on the new Statewide NC Classification System.
As of April 2019, Executive Order #93 (Prohibiting the Use of Salary History in the State Hiring Process) became effective. This Executive Order prohibits state agencies from requesting salary history from applicants or relying on previously obtained prior salary information in determining an applicant’s salary.
The State of North Carolina and the Department of Public Instruction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
Expert knowledge of the Federal, State and local School Nutrition regulations, policies and procedures, including program objectives and operational and administrative best practices;
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate teamwork among counterparts and local level administrators;
- Skilled in assessing program compliance and in determining appropriate corrective actions as needed to achieve program compliance;
- Experience in analyzing the administrative and operational capacities of sub-recipients, including but not limited to fiscal, procurement, human resource, food safety, nutritional and other program areas at the local level;
- Highly skilled in collecting, evaluating and analyzing data relating to the Federal and State School Nutrition Programs to form conclusions and develop corrective actions or make recommendations for program improvement;
- Exemplary conceptual, oral and written communication skills and must possess the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently to various audiences;
- Proficiency in operating the specialized School Nutrition Technology systems, including Federal Administrative Review monitoring and compliance software, as well as the reimbursement claims and School Nutrition Agreement applications;
- Demonstrated ability to establish benchmarks and measure progress against these measures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Must model integrity and encourage trust and unity while simultaneously providing a strategic direction for SFAs and gain commitment to courses of action;
- Must be self-directed with the ability to set measurable and achievable goals for his/her self and for those he/she serves and for team members;
- Must operate efficiently, effectively and accountably with minimal direct supervision;
- Must possess in-depth knowledge and experience in comprehensive program assessment, implementation and evaluation and must understand the inter-relatedness of the School Nutrition Program to the personal and academic success of students.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the program objectives to which he/she is assigned, as well as understand the purpose, policies and intended approaches to its service delivery; and knowledge in conjunction with the total education philosophy.
- Must have the ability to exercise creative and critical thinking in evaluating complex situations and developing solutions.
- Must be able to exercise diplomacy all times;
- Must understand the scope of the School Nutrition Program as it relates to the division, department and SBE goals. Knowledge of the organizational structure, personnel and functions of departments within state government and private sector agencies is also necessary.
- Prior experience in the administration and operation of a federally assisted Child Nutrition Program.
- A candidate who is self-directed, self-motivated and self-disciplined in order to manage the expectations of the position in a remote/home-based environment.
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution, preferably in nutrition, food systems management, public or business administration, finance, or related area and three years of professional level experience in a child nutrition program; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Content designers at Facebook craft simple, straightforward and human experiences by leveraging our expertise in user experience design, design thinking, product strategy and writing. Come join our team to create and shape great, intuitive products and services used by billions o
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field, Agile experience preferred, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or a Master's STEM degree.Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.
The Sr. Revenue Accountant position is a newly created role joining a high growth SaaS company. The Sr. Revenue Accountant position is a direct hire, REMOTE position open due to organic growth & acquisitions. Excellent opportunity for a Revenue Accounting professional with 4+ yea
Posted23-Jul-2021Service lineAdvisory SegmentRole typeFull-timeLocation(s)Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of AmericaJOB SUMMARYUnder general supervision, upholds the integrity of real estate portfolio data for assigned portfolio of clients. Inputs, maintains, organizes.
Job Overview: APTIM is seeking an innovative technology professional that specializes in the development and application of Reality Capture solutions such as AR/VR, 3D Laser Scanning, Drone Data Collection, and the application of the Digital Twin to join our Information Technolog
Overview:ZOLL Data Systems, a division of ZOLL Medical Corporation, is a healthcare software solutions provider that empowers hospital, EMS and Fire, and billing/accounts receivable (AR) teams to deliver more—from better patient outcomes to operational efficiencies and grea
About the Job:In this role, you will be responsible for gathering requirements, leading solutioning ideation, configuring systems, modeling concepts of design, creating and QA’ing new features, spec’ing out new ideas to support new and evolving business/team needs, as