At-Home Center Manager
Purple Communications is one of the nation's most extensive communication services for the deaf and hard of hearing communities. As a leading provider of onsite interpreting services, video relay service and video remote interpreting, the Company delivers a wide array of options designed to meet the unique communication needs of its customers. Please view our website: www.purplevrs.com.
Purple Communications' vision is to provide high-quality services with innovative products that break down communication barriers for its customers. We strive to change the game because we believe communication access is a right worthy of utmost respect and because every conversation matters.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add strong expertise to our world-class teams!
Center Manager Responsibilities:
- Focus management objectives on Center operations.
- Plan with the help of the Regional Manager the strategic growth of the center (VRS, Community, and VR).
- Oversee the daily operations of the Center which may include Community Interpreting and CART, Video Interpreting, and Community Relations.
- Supervise all Center Staff.
- Manage the daily performance reviews of Interpreters.
- Approve the scheduling of all interpreters in all operational areas.
- Coordinate with HR and Recruiting to select and hire interpreters for the Center.
- Approve leave for all interpreters as needed.
- Maintain relations with local community leaders.
- Work closely with the schedulers in maintaining client service and satisfaction.
- Provide direction to the Interpreters in the care and well-being of staff.
- Provide accurate reports on Center utilization, efficiencies, and quality.
- Maintain direct contact with the Regional Manager on all Center-specific issues.
Center Manager Skills/Qualifications:
• Qualified Interpreter preferred.
- Associates degree in Business Management, or comparable related experience; Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- At least three years of supervisory experience, preferably in an interpreting-related environment, coaching and mentoring others.
- American Sign Language (ASL) proficiency and extensive knowledge of the deaf culture and interpreting professions.
- Familiarity with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Regulations and Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) standards.
- Knowledge of specialized software related to departmental operations including, IM Service, database, and Internet, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing programs.
- Time management skills to handle multiple, competing demands and priorities, and work effectively under pressure.
- Budgeting and financial knowledge and skills for tracking Center profitability.
- .Ability to communicate effectively and present information and respond to questions from employees, groups of clients, customers, managers, and the public.
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Knowledge of departmental operations, and organizational policies, processes, and procedures.
- Human Resources Management skills to hire and train employees, appraise work performance, address employee relations issues, and resolve problems.
- Management skills to establish priorities, and to effectively supervise and develop assigned staff to attain optimum skill and performance levels.
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and community groups and individuals.
- Knowledge of American Sign Language and Deaf Culture preferred
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time.
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Keyboarding (40-60%)
- Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and cell phone (40-60%)
- Lifting computers and other equipment.
- Position may require some travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals Only
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position Overview:Developing and maintaining a variety of business application programs with integrations to data for various systems associated with a leading car manufacturing company. Area of expertise are related to system modules for Customer Order Management, Inventory Mana
As an Electrical Technical Program Manager for FRL Product Engineering, you will lead multidisciplinary programs through the product development cycle. You will develop hardware to move forward our industry-leading virtual and augmented reality systems. You will establish require
Scope AR is the pioneer of enterprise-class augmented reality solutions, delivering the industry’s only cross-platform AR tools for getting workers the knowledge they need, when they need it. The company is revolutionizing the way enterprises work and collaborate by offerin
Why Springbrook:Springbrook Software is the leader in cloud-based ERP and payments software for local municipal governments and special districts. For over 30 years, Springbrook has set the industry standard for how small and medium sized municipalities and utility districts oper
We are looking for a talented, tech-savvy and empathetic Customer Success Engineer (CSE) to join our growing startup. We believe that software is only as good as the support that comes with it and CSEs are key to that success. Crelate is a fast-growing B2B software startup focuse