- We help nonprofits with their design and website needs - ranging from general graphic design (branding, donation campaigns, annual reports, marketing collateral) to website design and development (including full redesign website builds, site improvements, maintenance/support and hosting)
- Over the past 20 years, we’ve been fortunate to work with some great organizations that help with issues like social justice, education, tax reform, underprivileged youth and gun safety.
- We are a small remote team of designers, developers, and a project manager - who work together to deliver impactful websites that tell our clients’ stories.
- Oversee development for full website redesign projects, working closely with other internal developers. Provide direction, guide the sprint requirements and output, review and evaluate completed work, and provide solutions for roadblocks.
- Troubleshooting for website issues and bugs, brainstorming options and providing client-friendly explanations for suggested solutions.
- Lead UX strategy for new website projects, working with the project manager and designer to develop the proposed sitemap, wireframes, and user flows, based on the client’s needs.
- Complete frontend development tasks as required - including website maintenance, plugin updates, CSS improvements, and post creation.
- Collaborate directly with designers to implement designs and provide design feedback if necessary, as it relates to UX & development.
- Ensure our websites are client-friendly, and have an intuitive WP backend to allow for easy content and page updates.
- Help administer the 40+ WordPress sites we manage
- Participate in some client meetings, WP backend training sessions and create intuitive training materials as needed.
- This is a freelance role, with a strong possibility of a long-term ongoing contract. We offer a flexible work structure and a steady workload (approximately 20-30 hours/week).
- 100% REMOTE - we have team members across US, Canada and South America, and communicate regularly across Slack, Teamwork, plus some video meetings where required.
- Flexible working hours, but would like some overlap during standard working hours (PST) Monday to Friday. To stay within communication, we prefer applicants within North, Central & South America.
- Hourly rate is in the $40-55/hr range based on experience
- Start date would be as soon as practical for both parties.
What We Are Looking For
- You have 5+ years experience with Wordpress custom theme & plugin development, HTML, CSS, and UX strategy & methodologies.
Advanced experience developing Wordpress websites:
- CSS & JS expert in building responsive and accessible websites, with strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser behavior, and performance
- Developing user-friendly backend with PHP, custom fields, ACF or Gutenberg
- You balance your technical knowledge and experience with strong communication and problem-solving skills, and understand the “bigger picture”.
- You have experience working with clients, and can explain processes and solutions to any audience (including non-developers).
- Exceptional ability to translate designs into semantic, accessible front-end code.
- Solid understanding of web servers and ability to deploy code using GitHub
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or similar design applications.
- Proactively follow-through on projects to successful completion while meeting strict deadlines.
- A strong work ethic, comfort with and an ability to be effective in fast-changing startup conditions, a motivated self-starter.
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics.
If you like what you’re hearing….
- Why did you apply for this role and what do you hope to learn or gain from this role?
- Can you provide examples of two live websites or applications that you have worked on and are proud of? Please share why you are proud of them and provide a list of some of the technology and/or approaches you applied in these builds.
- An example of a project you developed in collaboration with others (it can be the same as the above) and what you felt made that collaboration work well.
We value inclusion and diversity, and anyone who applies and qualifies for opportunities in the organization will receive consideration for employment without discrimination against age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, color or disability.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are looking a kick-ass, passionate and talented WordPress developer with extensive knowledge of the WordPress framework.The ideal candidate will have experience in front and backend development, including HTML/CSS, testing, implementation, maintenance,.
If you're a WordPress developer with good communication skills and are able to prove you've got the chops to make it we'd love to meet you. Plus, if you're looking to work in a fun, friendly, relaxed and fast-growing environment where your creative mind.
As a Front-End Web Developer, you would be responsible for the development of websites from inception to launch. This position requires you to work in a LAMP based environment and implement new validation functionality, and styling to our hosted websites,.
Our CompanyUnbridled puts people first, and it's embedded into our culture. Our job is to connect companies with their people through engaging and impactful services, from event management to production to creative services. Our values drive everything.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with a strong background and preference for WordPress development to join our talented engineering team. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and collaborator, can flexibly work across sites developed with.