ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45+ people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
Kanopi strives to be a place where clients and employees alike feel connected, supported, empowered, and delighted by the day-to-day operations. We believe that treating people well creates long-lasting relationships and positive outcomes.
And it works: staff retention is 95%, and 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a WordPress Technical Lead.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Technical Lead, your day-to-day includes working closely with clients and project managers; leading project teams of developers; defining project development activities and technical solutions, and being a resource for your peers. You will be hands-on developing and maintaining sites while keeping your team accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, Director of Engineering.
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of WordPress sites.
- Talking directly with clients about their technical challenges and business needs and documenting their requirements.
- Working with UX, Design, and management team members to plan a project in the early phases.
- Owning the project team’s overall technical approach, defining project tasks and estimates, and being a point of continuity.
- Providing architectural vision that helps your developers guide their implementation decisions.
- Answering questions from and providing mentorship to others on your team.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of WordPress development experience, including writing custom plugins and themes.
- Have experience consulting with clients in an agency setting - planning, documenting, and presenting technical solutions.
- Have impeccable writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce and present comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Are experienced partnering with project management to delegate technical tasks, manage change, and surface potential project issues.
- Have a passion for modern development tools and methods, and for the web and open source development.
- Demonstrate inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! Some candidates may even do a mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: