It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
What's cool about this job.
WP Engine is on a mission to help our customers win online! Whether that’s helping an aspiring entrepreneur to turn a hobby into an online business or a multinational corporation to launch a new campaign in weeks instead of months, our platform is there to help them win — whatever that means for them.
Our vision is to be the most trusted WordPress technology company in the world. To fulfill that vision, we need your WordPress expertise to help us build compelling solutions for our customers and the WordPress community at large.
Placing team success above individual success, our Senior Engineers are expected to help grow their team by mentoring others in their development.
The day to day
- Working within an agile team to deliver value for our customers
- Developing plugins or themes which extend WordPress functionality or better integrate it into our platform
- Providing helpful feedback to teammates through code and design reviews as well as mentoring and coaching
Your skills and expertise
- 5+ years of Software engineering experience
- Experience developing WordPress plugins that extend the capabilities of WordPress or contributing to WordPress core
- You believe design matters and are an advocate for user experience
- Passionate about developing others through teaching, mentoring, coaching and code reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a design system to create cohesive experiences
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
The perks and benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: