Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? If combining your love for software engineering, passion for web development, and talent around WordPress sounds like an ideal job for you, you've found the right place!
We are looking for a talented software engineer who has ample experience maintaining and modifying WordPress for our 30+ high traffic websites with custom themes, plugins, and web services. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve as both individuals and as a team. If you are interested in being challenged, learning full-stack development, exploring DevOps, then TechnologyAdvice may be the next step in your career.
We are a Scrum-based engineering team focused on web technologies that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our team culture values the ideas and contributions of all members. We trust each other to maintain a high level ownership in our work, and always see things through to completion. We also like to have a bit of fun. When you’re not creating or maintaining business-critical software systems, you might be in a technical book club, participating in a hack-a-thon, or sharing your favorite hobbies over Slack.
The WordPress Engineer plays a vital role in our business and on our team. You will be responsible for:
- Migrating sites from other platforms into our WordPress platforms
- Developing and maintaining plugins that extend the functionality of WordPress to meet the needs of the business
- Customizing and maintaining WordPress themes
- Monitoring our WordPress sites and services to meet uptime requirements
- Measuring and optimizing our WordPress instances to ensure high-performance of sites
- Performing administrative maintenance of our WordPress instances
You can expect to operate in the following technologies on a day to day basis:
You probably have some of the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience maintaining and extending WordPress sites
- Experience developing WordPress plugins or contributing to WordPress core
- Experience developing or customizing WordPress themes
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Comfortable working with MySQL, importing and exporting data, and optimizing database queries.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Experience migrating sites from other platforms into WordPress is a plus
- Experience monitoring and optimizing WordPress sites is a plus
- Experience with various caching systems and content-delivery networks is a plus
- Excellent programming, testing and debugging skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Aside from an outstanding company culture that fosters innovative ideas, teamwork, professional growth, and friendly competition, we offer great benefits. You'll have the chance to work alongside fun, intelligent, and driven folks who believe in what we're doing at TA. Check out our list of benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Career Development Meetings for your first 60 days, plus ongoing daily & weekly team huddles and an hour of 1:1 time with your manager every 2 weeks
- Fitness reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace app
- Bucket List Benefit
- Team Outings and Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice’s purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for four consecutive years. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards, as well as being honored as a Tennessee Top Workplace in 2019 and 2020.
At TA, we believe our differences make us stronger. We foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. Our DE&I committee hosts quarterly meetings and sessions to help us continually learn and grow. Our Core Values are: Be Transparent, Make Calculated Decisions, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, and Value Each Other.
Pre-employment screening required.
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the following measures have been implemented for employees working in-office based on CDC and local guidelines:
- Social distancing between workspaces
- Mandatory mask policy
- Frequent sanitation of high-touch surfaces
- Room capacities for all conference rooms
- COVID-19 contact and exposure response policy
- Individually packaged catered lunches
A Hybrid Work Policy was also launched. We offer flexibility to work in the location where you feel most productive. Eligible team members can work in-office, remotely from home, or a blend of the two, assuming acceptable minimum requirements are met.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: