VIGP provides customized and trusted counseling services that includes college preparedness counseling, school application, and ongoing mentoring, to international students and new immigrants in the US. Our goal is to help students succeed in higher education, life, and career; in turn, we can make a difference for good in their lives and their communities. We are located in Seattle, Washington. Our team members are young, passionate, and supportive to each other. We are looking forward to having you in our team to serve and help more students.
This position is for a web developer intern with a passion for helping international students and wanting to make a difference in their lives.
We are looking for a web developer who will own the success of our website and our customer web portal. You will be involved in building, maintaining, and managing our Wordpress website and our React webapp for the customer portal. You should have a good understanding of web design and be able to turn mock ups, wireframes, conceptual drawings into functional web pages, and take ownership in implementing any changes to the website to make it successful, functional, and usable for our clients.
This is an unpaid internship that presents you with a great opportunity to add quality work experience to your resume, to learn more about working with international students from around the world, and to gain valuable experience in web development for a startup company.
- Build, maintain, and improve our WordPress website & React webapp with content, features, and functionality
- Implement UI changes with responsive design and mobile-experience in mind
- Collaborate with our team to implement design changes, new UI components, and new functionality as needed
- Implement quality code independently with best practices
- Test, debug, and troubleshoot any issues that may come up with our website/webapp
- Basic management of page load speed, performance, and security
- Basic monitoring of website traffic
- College degree in related field
- 1 year web development experience (previous internship/school projects can be considered)
- Understanding of how web applications work such as HTTP requests, web security, session management, and other technical aspects of web.
- Willingness to explore, iterate, and collaborate on difficult problems
- Able to present previous projects
- Comfortable working both individually and in team settings
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Language Requirement: English and Mandarin
An exceptional candidate will also have:
- Experience with WordPress
- Unpaid position
- 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Minimum 6 months duration
- OPT/CPT welcome
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: Up to $0.01 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: