REMOTE: Central or Eastern Time Zone.
This position can also work or onsite in Birmingham, AL, Country Club Hills, IL, or Washington, DC.
The Communications Coordinator provides support to the Communications Department, including assistance with social media, media research, website content and updates, press releases and maintenance and development of media and periodicals distribution lists. In addition, the Coordinator provides administrative support to the Director of Communications and Senior Vice President of Communications and Marketing. This position requires self-motivation, successful record of meeting deadlines, and a positive attitude. Because this position is remote, the person who fills this position must be able to meet virtually (via Microsoft Teams) on a daily basis.
- Update and expand press lists. Keep internal database of media contacts up-to-date with specific details about requests and pitches.
- Monitor news for ICC mentions and industry-related topics through Meltwater. Produce and send ICC’s Daily Digest of news clippings to staff and interested stakeholders.
- Manage the news release production process to include distributing releases to the in-house media lists, sending press notices through Meltwater and scheduling releases through the newswire.
- Act as a secondary editor for newsletter distributions when the Periodicals Editor is out of the office.
- Support the Social Media/Website Editor with scheduling social media posts and updating website content as needed.
- Writing and editing support for internal and external publications including press releases, talking points, newsletters, magazines and the external website.
- Update the employee website with news updates and manage the internal staff newsletter production.
- Provide administrative support to the Director and SVP including updating calendars and contacts, booking travel and submitting reimbursements.
- Monitor the Communications Department mailbox and Marketing job entry system. Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Help maintain the sponsorship database, process sponsorship requests and fulfill sponsorship benefits.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need to know:
Your manager will not micromanage you. She wants you to be successful and will give you all the tools that you need. She listens and is open to your ideas. This department is growing and needs someone with excellent organizational skills. Every day is different and very busy. The successful candidate will be able to adjust his or her day according to what is the highest priority.. Requirements:
- 1-2 years of administrative and coordination experience in a communications/public affairs environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, New Media or related field.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Excellent proofreading skills, detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or WordPress (or other content management systems) is a plus
- We use Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About chloédigitalchloédigital are the leading tech partner to influencers, since 2014.Our influencer growth platform, CD World, provides influencers with the business strategy & tech tools to scale their content-based businesses.We are trusted by influencers th
THE COMPANY: Based in Addison, TXRecently named one of Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies, we are a transformative ecosystem for learners and employers. As the most effective and empowering solution for cloud engineering, cybersecurity, and AI, we help learners thrive and employ
***To Apply***Please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you would be great for the role, and two writing samples to with the subject line APPLICATION: Associate Commerce EditorThe Job Bauer Media US is looking for an Associate Commerce Editor to join our editorial te
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way marketers’ market, powering the live, always-on and personalized experiences that businesses need to create engagement, deliver data, find demand and drive revenue. Through the ON24 Platform, marketers can build data-rich, interacti
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our WordPress website. Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything fr