We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Day One, and more. We believe in making the web a better place. We are currently adding Happiness Engineers to our team to provide support to customers on our various platforms.
As a Happiness Engineer, you love helping people.
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust, resulting in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this by listening to our customers’ needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
Are you interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what Happiness Engineers have to say about their work.
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, one-on-one screen share sessions, and forums.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world.
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Mid to high proficiency with WordPress, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience providing technical support to customers, particularly via live chat, tickets, telephone, or forums.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable for the general public.
- A passion for solving challenging problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- Solid ability to identify and accurately document technical issues.
- An intense intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to share knowledge with others.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Happiness Engineers must be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, please be sure to tell us.
An ideal candidate:
- Has created three or more WordPress websites.
- Has experience installing and configuring WordPress plugins and themes.
- Is adept at troubleshooting technical issues.
- Has experience creating bug reports.
- Has experience providing technical support to customers via telephone, tickets, live chat, or forums.
Note: Applications that are not complete will not be considered.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
The Marketing Communications Specialist will promote the company's services to existing and prospective customers through the strategic use of graphics, logos, and other promotional products.Duties/Responsibilities:Coordinate external and internal communications flow.Collaborates
We are looking for bright, energetic go-getters to join the 3D Team!Freelance WordPress/Prestashop Developer: Primarily Responsibilities: Develop and maintain a web presence for our clients. We are a design firm. We are not looking for graphic designers. The skillset required is.
WordPress Developer/Designer (FT)We are looking for a skilled web developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for our company and clients. You will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites.I
About usWEBDOGS is a Silicon Valley based web agency focused on WordPress development. We specialize in designing and building modern, secure, and responsive WordPress and WooCommerce powered websites. Along with custom development we provide WordPress maintenance and support.We.
Available for the following locations: Remote | Nashville, TN | Louisville, KYHi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech